This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina dash

1) On my car the WH/RD from starter is thick (as you would expect)
    2) Wires on this plug are : 1 RD/WH 2 GR/BK 3 WH/BR 4 GR/WH 5 GR/PI 6 GR/OR 7 WH 8 BR/YW 9 WH/BL 10 GR/BL 11 GR/GY 12 BK

Sorry, don't know which variety of Marina/Ital this was from but hope it helps

Rgds DC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 08-06-16, 09:31 AM.

Comment

That's white with a red trace the wire Adrian is trying to ID is Red with a white trace, its got to be something to do with a lighting circuit.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

The British standard BS-AU7 describes all the colour codes if not pin out numbers. Worth reading.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
          1) On my car the WH/RD from starter is thick (as you would expect)
          2) Wires on this plug are : 1 RD/WH 2 GR/BK 3 WH/BR 4 GR/WH 5 GR/PI 6 GR/OR 7 WH 8 BR/YW 9 WH/BL 10 GR/BL 11 GR/GY 12 BK

Sorry, don't know which variety of Marina/Ital this was from but hope it helps

Rgds DC
          Cheers DC

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            Purple is used for accessories powered direct from the battery, fused or unfused, that do not pass through the ignition switch, so horn, interior lights, boot light, car radio memory etc. anything that you might want powered when the ignition is off.
            Again your right Steve but I have a cable coming out of the multi plug which is purple.

Hence my question.

Adrian

Comment

Thick purple is for headlamp - could it be something to do with the main beam light in your instrument cluster and power outward to the lights ?

Apart from the purple, do the other colours match up to my pics above ? What is the terminal number for the purple - is it 7, if so that is white on my pics so
              what does that say ? White in my diagram is from coil to ign switch and to voltage stab.

I wonder if the RD/WH or WH/RD is something to do with the Reverse auto inhibitor (noted as Reversing Gizmo on my uploaded diagram). Dunno, I've just got simple wiring to my Reverse light
              Last edited by dcunn; 08-06-16, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I know I am colourblind but headlight circuits according to BS-AU7, the standard Lucas colour code, are Blue, definitely not purple.
                Purple as I have previously described.
                MOC member since 05/97
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Just been pulling my wiring to bits for, what it is worth purple wire on mine is the horn if that's of any help.
                  Graham

Comment

Originally posted by fouter View Post
                    Hi Guys,
                    Just been pulling my wiring to bits for, what it is worth purple wire on mine is the horn if that's of any help.
                    Graham
                    I am still right with my first choice then!
                    MOC member since 05/97

Comment

On one car anyway, can't vouch for the others!!!

Comment

Hi all

First of all many thanks to all those who have helped by contributing to this thread.

I have now found a manual that has the pin numbers for the multi plug, well hidden in my view, and have attached a picture of said page with the numbers highlighted and top left the corresponding cable colour.

You never know it may help someone else down the line.

20160609_095920.jpg

Adrian

Comment

Beware!
                          There are several different wiring diagrams from different Marina/Ital models, and several different pin-out patterns, but the principle destination of a cable is always defined by its colour coding according to BS-AU7. You were only asking about colours, so that is what was answered, for answers about pin-outs, we would need to identify the donor loom.

What you have there is information from a Haynes manual. Not so sure the Left Hand Drive version will help too many people.

For other readers, here are clearer, larger diagrams, complete with the item number key and colour code key.
                          The multi-plug pin-out numbers are probably the smallest type on the diagrams. Magnifying glasses at the ready!

Scanned images from Haynes, here or there 5.3mb 13 pages

Scanned images from the Workshop Manual V9, here or there 5.3mb 22 pages
                          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                            Beware!
                            There are several different wiring diagrams from different Marina/Ital models, and several different pin-out patterns, but the principle destination of a cable is always defined by its colour coding according to BS-AU7. You were only asking about colours, so that is what was answered, for answers about pin-outs, we would need to identify the donor loom.

What you have there is information from a Haynes manual. Not so sure the Left Hand Drive version will help too many people.

For other readers, here are clearer, larger diagrams, complete with the item number key and colour code key.
                            The multi-plug pin-out numbers are probably the smallest type on the diagrams. Magnifying glasses at the ready!

Scanned images from Haynes, here or there 5.3mb 13 pages

Scanned images from the Workshop Manual V9, here or there 5.3mb 22 pages
                            Steve

I don't use k and s enough to keep renewing my access.

Can you give access again please.

Otherwise the information is neXT to useless for me.

Ps the left hand drive is only there because of the way I took the picture, we can't all be expert photographers.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                              Steve

I don't use k and s enough to keep renewing my access.

Can you give access again please.

Otherwise the information is neXT to useless for me.

Ps the left hand drive is only there because of the way I took the picture, we can't all be expert photographers.

Adrian
                              This is the Haynes manual I have used.

Apologies in advance for the poor photography

Remember mine is a 1978 1.3 marina doner.

Adrian

Comment

Just download the documents that look like they might b of interest and store them in a convenient place
                                Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
                                X