FBHVC Survey 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBHVC Survey 2016

You may remember about 5 years ago there was a lot of alarm in the motoring press about a Government White Paper, some proposed new legislation effecting historic and classic cars.
    The FBHVC commissioned a survey and then listed the results. It made both the Gocernment and industry realise the significance of our hobby. The most significant result of this was the reintroduction of the rolling date of classic vehicles at 40 years.

This will only impact the very early Marlins today, or those who managed to keep their Historic Plate from their donor cars, but in due course more vehicles will become eligible, except unfortunately those on a Q plate.

With our chairmans continued effort, to establish recognition that Marlins become part of the classic community, it's time to complete another survey.

Who knows exactly what the results might be, Government Policy has already been changed once.

Take the survey here

Hopefully Admin can make this post a sticky, and it finds its way into Pitstop.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 10-06-16, 11:55 AM.

Re: FBHVC Survey 2016

Done the survey - simply, multi choice, click through answers.
    Brian

Learning more about:
    June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
    1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
    And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Done the survey
      YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Done...
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Feeling disappointed.
          What I would have thought was of great interest to Marlin owners in general, has not been made a sticky on this forum, maybe it will appear in Pitstop?
          But less than 10% of members seem to have completed the survey so far.
          Does that mean that the Chairmans efforts to get Marlins recognised a classic, is just a waste of time?
          You tell me?

Comment

Done, just had other things on my mind.

Comment

done

Comment

Thanks, my faith is being restored.

but how many of the committee will come out in support of our chairmans efforts.

Comment

Done a while ago :-)
                  Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Done

Comment

Done to, thanks for flagging it up Steve.

Comment

What percentage of members are regular forum users? What percentage of forum users have done the survey? Just asking.

Comment

Did the survey but it didn't like the "newness" of my Marlin so I did it for the Classic instead! Also forwarded the FBHVC link to my classic car club so they can add to the numbers responding to the cause! .

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                            What percentage of members are regular forum users? What percentage of forum users have done the survey? Just asking.
                            Can't answer that question but Cameron suggests it's about 200 MOC members who regularly use the forum.

55 members (I believe that is actually forum members, not MOC members) have viewed this thread, but about another 50 forum members have been online since I first posted and have not looked at this thread. Perhaps they don't know who or what the FBHVC are or what they do, so passed on by, it's just another survey!

If all of the 55 are MOC members, that's around 10% of the membership.
                            How many have completed the survey is impossible to answer.

I have asked that the editor add the survey info in the next Pitstop. That should reach every MOC member and might result in a few more surveys completed, but we will never know.

Comment

I suspect the number viewing threads is greater! I, for one, access the forum on a daily basis, often more than once, but rarely log in.
                              Without logging in I am unable to view some posted pictures; if I think those pictures would be of interest then I log in. Likewise I have logged in to add to this thread but I am a far more proactive reader than poster of threads.
                              Brian

Learning more about:
                              June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
                              1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
                              And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Working...
                              X