Berly on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berly on e-bay

Well I have read some rubbish in my time but this takes the biscuit !!!

Re: Berly on e-bay

As you know, I am restoring a Berli at the moment and I will be happy if this bloke achieves his price - mind you, mine is the more desirable Berlinetta "250GTO" special edition and we all know GTOs go for millions.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
      As you know, I am restoring a Berli at the moment and I will be happy if this bloke achieves his price - mind you, mine is the more desirable Berlinetta "250GTO" special edition and we all know GTOs go for millions.
      I like the bit where he says I am putting it up for sale 1st time in 55 years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan.c View Post
        I like the bit where he says I am putting it up for sale 1st time in 55 years!!!
        I didn't get that far
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

A nice looking car, although so many have Pinto's in. When I can't get into the roadster any more a V6/straight 6 Berli would be a good cheaper option to a Cabrio.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Just out of interest will a straight 6 fit into a Berli..? I'm genuinely curious as the engine bay doesn't look that long...but it would make an interesting proposition.
            GM V6 would be ideal if not.
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

I had a Berly with a Triumph straight 6

Comment

there was one with a BMW 6 in it.

Comment

It looks like this under the bonnet................. a BMW M20B25 straight 6 2.5 litre.
                  (There are more photos on Toby Holland's Facebook page)

Last edited by Mike; 05-07-16, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Nice...looks like a snug fit...guess that answers my question..!
                    Thanks all.
                    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Looks like an easier fit than a v8
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by dbazdavies View Post
                        Well I have read some rubbish in my time but this takes the biscuit !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARLIN-2-0...AAAOSwepJXV0ZF
                        Take a close look at the dash board its appalling - plywood with varnish peeling off looks like an amateur DIY effort How much did it go for? I only saw the AD when it ended so no price given and was the dog behind the bonnet included ? ?
                        YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

...and it's back: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARLIN-2-0...p2056016.l4276
                          Last edited by jon_wilkinson; 08-07-16, 08:09 AM. Reason: better if I use the right link!

Comment

Guys

I think you are being a bit harsh......... Ok the words are flowery BS ........... and the price hopelessly optimistic,
                            (it has been re-advertised at £8k) but this is someone's pride and joy.

With a lower price and some TLC from a sympathetic new owner it could make a very nice car.

Comment

Hi Guys
                              I went to view the car it really is overpriced and requiring a lot of work.
                              George the seller has about 50 ish cars which he has been selling over a few months, he had them stored in a barn which he has now sold so they all have to go including a DB5 as well.
                              Some of his other cars are beautiful but I dont think ever used strange chap to say the least
                              Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X