Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Marlin Hunter

Hi Guys and Gals,

I bought a Marlin Hunter last month from Graham a member on here, I am very pleased with it, I am happy to say that it makes me smile every time I drive it.
    It has however managed to break down! the fuel pump has failed due to not having a filter before it, and I can say it is original to the car as it is dated october 96 and the car was registered in 97.
    I have ordered a new pump and no doubt it will be back on the road in a few days.
    I look forward to meeting other owners over the months
    Take care and happy Marlining

Re: Bought a Marlin Hunter

great car - hope you enjoy using it

Comment

What price the pump? and where did you buy one? Is it an easy job to replace it?
      seems a lot of fords have pump issues

Comment

It all depends if you have an in tank or an out tank setup. This may help https://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/fo...e-3-2659-c.asp.

depending on your budget anything from £30 -£60 depending on how deep your pockets are, or how short are your arms. the choice is yours.
        Part numbers prefixed OT are out of tank pumps and IT intank pumps , and be careful on choosing as there are EFi or carburettor pumps, and many models and manufacturers use the same pump, Just as long as the pump produces between 5-7 bar.

Comment

Originally posted by burnside View Post
          What price the pump? and where did you buy one? Is it an easy job to replace it?
          seems a lot of fords have pump issues
          I bought it off ebay £18 ish also fitted a filter in front of it as per instructions and good mechanical policy [I have owned a garage for many years] It is still working fine and I have had no problems with it at all

Comment

Working...
          X