Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster one piece bonnet

Big ask.

Does anyone have a one piece bonnet available before I go ahead and get my two piece welded up?

Willing to do a swap if anyone has.

Adrian

Re: Roadster one piece bonnet

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
    Big ask.

Does anyone have a one piece bonnet available before I go ahead and get my two piece welded up?

Adrian
    Now why would you want a one piece :-)

Mines a pain in the backside, always worried it's going to blow away or get bent when someone leans on it. Unless of course you are going to attach it somehow?
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      Now why would you want a one piece :-)

Mines a pain in the backside, always worried it's going to blow away or get bent when someone leans on it. Unless of course you are going to attach it somehow?
      Strangly enough I preferred the one piece on my old roadster and never had a problem with it. After fitting the two piece and working in the engine bay I find it a pain having to go from one side to another.

Everyone to their own I suppose.

Adrian

Comment

Forgot to add, it's a mk2 marina model.

Adrian

Comment

Oh yes, I'd never go fixed centre hinged, but I am tempted to do something rear or front hinged. Would have to left well clear though.

How's it going? I WILL pop over one evening!
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Fit the hinge to the nose/scuttle using rivnuts & then you can remove it quite quickly.
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Now there's an idea

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                Oh yes, I'd never go fixed centre hinged, but I am tempted to do something rear or front hinged. Would have to left well clear though.

How's it going? I WILL pop over one evening!
                I have slowed down a bit once I made the decision it wasn't going to be finished by the time we went to classic le mans.

I must admit it did put me under a bit of a strain and it was becoming a chore and not enjoyable (I want to enjoy this build).

It's also strange that because I have slowed down I have found a couple of issues that I am able to sort out.

Anyway you are welcome to pop round give me a bell first to make sure that I am in.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                  Big ask.

Adrian
                  I put this up a little while ago without success.

Anyone got one they could spare?

Adrian

Comment

Working...
                  X