Long lost roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long lost roadster

Hello everyone from a not so sunny Cornwall.
    Back in the early 80's a friend of mine built the Marina based Roadster and it was registered in 1985.
    He sold it in the early 90's to another friend of mine who then sold it to his brother, it was then sold on again which is where we lost track of it.
    I was talking to the original builder the other day and we were wondering if it is still living and where it is now, possibly one of the club members.
    I did a DVLA search on it and it hasn't been MOT'd for a few years and currently SORN.
    The registration is JOD 716N and the attached photos (hopefully uploaded) were taken when we took it on a very wet road trip in the 90's to a kit car show in Stafford.
    If anyone has details of this would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Attached Files

Re: Long lost roadster

What is interesting to me in your pics is Q948 NPP, the first time I have seen this registration number. I'll add it to the long list of Red Roadsters waiting to be identified.

Within the archive we have this picture of JOD 716N, I understand taken by Stephen Worth, the original builder of the car.
    We have no details of all the subsequent owners, other than an R Opie in (I believe) 2002.
    There are pics around from when the car was used for trials which included the Lands End in 2008 and 2009, check the website of Dave Cook a professional photographer.
    Soon after the 2009 trial the car was damaged in a fire, I would guess that it was then stored and SORNed, and we know no more
    Hope this helps.
    Rgds Dave Cunnington
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 20-08-16, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that Dave,
      Is R Opie a member?
      Shame it got damaged in a fire. The original builder Steve Worth is a good friend of mine and he will be interested in what you have found out.
      Thanks again,
      Martin.

Comment

Looking at the picture of the 2 cars - the Q reg car has some serious neg camber on the NSF wheel - hope its just the camera ???

Comment

I think that is the crappy camera that I had back then.
          JOD looks like it has serious camber in the other picture.
          Dave, thanks for the info of R Opie, I checked the phone directory and took a chance on one of the R Opie and turned out to be him, just a few miles down the road from me. Had a good chat with him about what happened and he still has bits of it. Also has a second one that he takes to trials.
          Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Working...
          X