Up loading mp4 files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up loading mp4 files

Is it possible to upload mp4 files onto the Forum?

I've tried and got a message that its an invalid file. Can I convert it to something that is acceptable?

I'm trying to upload a short video taken on an iphone.

Re: Up loading mp4 files

I had the same problem a while ago so I would be interested to hear from people more I.T. savvy than me. My solution was to upload it to youtube then post the link here.

Comment

From what I understand, as admin of another Vbulletin forum, the current version does not support MP4 files. It is unlikely to in the future.
      There is an add on player available, that operates like an internal YouTube player, but that requires access to the server which only admin have, and they probably have enough on their plate.

The best solution is as described, upload the video to YouTube, and then link to it. There is a 20min limit to the free service, and a limited number of viewers if you make the video private.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Mike,
        Sorry but the forum doesn’t currently support mp3 or mp4 files.

This is a list of supported files and their maximums.

It would be good to view videos on the website. I don’t know how hard it would be. I will try to find out in the coming months.
        Paul

Filetype, Max File-size, Max Width, Max Height
        bmp, 3.81 MB, 1200, 1024
        doc, 1.91 MB, -, -
        gif, -, -, -
        jpe, 39.1 KB, 1024, 768
        jpeg, -, -, -
        jpg, 9.54 MB, -, -
        mobi, 1.91 MB, -, -
        pdf, 286.10 MB, -, -
        png, 19.5 KB, 620, 280
        psd, 19.5 KB, 1200, 1000
        txt, 19.5 KB, -, -
        zip, 1.43 MB, -, -

Comment

Originally posted by milliemarlin View Post
          Hi Mike,
          Sorry but the forum doesn’t currently support mp3 or mp4 files.

This is a list of supported files and their maximums.

It would be good to view videos on the website. I don’t know how hard it would be. I will try to find out in the coming months.
          Paul

Filetype, Max File-size, Max Width, Max Height
          bmp, 3.81 MB, 1200, 1024
          doc, 1.91 MB, -, -
          gif, -, -, -
          jpe, 39.1 KB, 1024, 768
          jpeg, -, -, -
          jpg, 9.54 MB, -, -
          mobi, 1.91 MB, -, -
          pdf, 286.10 MB, -, -
          png, 19.5 KB, 620, 280
          psd, 19.5 KB, 1200, 1000
          txt, 19.5 KB, -, -
          zip, 1.43 MB, -, -
          Thanks Paul.

I don't mean to ask difficult questions - I'm like Scott - of a generation who are challenged by IT, but prepared to have a go, or at least ask questions in order to learn.
          Sometimes as a result we naively then ask for the impossible because we know no better!

As you say it would be nice to be able to view videos within the Forum.

Yet another "Would be nice to have........................." to add to the ever growing list!

As with Cameron, we can only keep saying thank you for all your (free) time and input helping to enhance this site and make it so useable: it is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Comment

I am pleased to get suggestions to improve the site although member’s expectation has to be tempered. I know that Cameron has added (or embedded) video to the site in the past so it might not be too difficult.

See last post on this page:

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by milliemarlin View Post
              I am pleased to get suggestions to improve the site although member’s expectation has to be tempered. I know that Cameron has added (or embedded) video to the site in the past so it might not be too difficult.

See last post on this page:

Paul
              Both those videos, Cameron's and mine, are linked directly to YouTube, they are not uploaded and do not exist on the MOC forum server, only on YouTube.

There are a few videos on YouTube that demonstrate the method of linking from vBulletin. Simply typing 'vBulletin video' into the YouTube search box will find them. They are not brilliant quality or videos relevant to MOC content so I have not shared them, but they are easily found and may help the uninitiated.

If you don't know how to upload a video to YouTube, try this guide https://youtu.be/TJmvXujqHNE
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
              X