Bonnet catch sound proofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet catch sound proofing

Don't really know how else to call it - there's 4 bonnet catches all round. I think they are rattling on the road; what do you folks use to 'sound proof' them? Some kind of rubber maybe like bicycle inner tube rubber glued in place or something similar? Maybe there's a rubber washer that can be used?

Re: Bonnet catch sound proofing

My bonnet catches are spring loaded and are under constant tension but to stop them rattling against the the bodywork they have a built in rubber stopper thingy that presses against the car.

Small top quality catch, approx 4.25" / 110mm long overall, complete with catch plate. Chromium plated on brass, small rubber buffer on back. Base plate and

Derek
    Last edited by Blue Marlin; 06-09-16, 08:47 PM.
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Depends what type they are most popular type like in the link above have a small rubber pip that sits against the panel they should be fitted with a small amount of tension so shouldn't rattle.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by element View Post
        Don't really know how else to call it - there's 4 bonnet catches all round. I think they are rattling on the road; what do you folks use to 'sound proof' them? Some kind of rubber maybe like bicycle inner tube rubber glued in place or something similar? Maybe there's a rubber washer that can be used?
        Have a look in B&Q in the plumbing section where they have ball valve repair kits containing different size round flat rubber seals. Also in the cupboard fittings etc area they do some hemispherical rubber feet. They may have a small nail fixing thing on the flat side but that can easily be cut off or maybe pulled out. I have also used a small slice cut off a piece of petrol hose for similar jobs. Peter.

Comment

Thanks for the B&Q tip - I'll have a look next time I'm in town. It looks like some of the rubber pads are worn out (probably deteriorate with age I guess).

Comment

These work really well for loads of different jobs. 3M Silicone RUBBER FEET Bumpons - CLEAR - Round Self Adhesive Anti Slip Circles. get them on ebay for a couple of quid a sheet.

Comment

Working...
            X