Cabrio drive shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio drive shafts

Having replaced my Lobro type drive shafts less than a year ago I have just found that both outer cv boots are ripped to shreds! Don't know yet whether the joints are still ok but suspect not
    I am reluctant to replace with items from same firm [Brum based on e bay] so looking for Quality replacements . Any recommendations please .
    I still have the old boots etc [7 years] that I took off which are still intact but that might be too risky.

Re: Cabrio drive shafts

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Having replaced my Lobro type drive shafts less than a year ago I have just found that both outer cv boots are ripped to shreds! Don't know yet whether the joints are still ok but suspect not
    I am reluctant to replace with items from same firm [Brum based on e bay] so looking for Quality replacements . Any recommendations please .
    I still have the old boots etc [7 years] that I took off which are still intact but that might be too risky.
    Try John at Kitfit - he is a one man band, but has worked in the industry all his life, so knows the good suppliers, and will stand by his products for a ridiculous time ( he replaced a front upright several years after supplying it as I had never used it on my Cabrio, but found it was faulty when I first drove my car on the road).
    I've recommended him to several others and am not aware of anyone who has not been impressed with his enthusiasm, knowledge, and reasonable prices.

Tel: 01522 778877

He lives in North Lincs.

Edit
    Having re-read this, it sounds like he supplies duff parts, but he was genuinely surprised with the fault which he had never seen before: he wanted to make sure I was given a good one, so changed it at no cost even though it must have been 3 or 4 years since I bought it from him.
    Last edited by Mike; 06-10-16, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I have just bought an upright of him plus a steering rack and anti roll bar great guy very pleased with my purchases and had a great chat as he is a fellow boat owner

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
        I have just bought an upright of him plus a steering rack and anti roll bar great guy very pleased with my purchases and had a great chat as he is a fellow boat owner
        Perhaps I should be on commission .................. but John is a great guy. Totally straight, and very reasonably priced, so I'm pleased for him.

Comment

Yes I would agree to all that. Had my 3.38 diff and 24mm front anti roll bar from John. Great service and very knowledgeable. What I call a real "nut and bolt man". Peter.

Comment

Working...
          X