Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hood and frame for YKC roadster

G,Day All
    I am the lucky owner of a YKC roadster that left the factory late in 1993 ,it was ordered with out top sorry hood or side curtains nor do I see anywhere a frame could bolt in .Has anybody any info about finding a hood or side curtains ,were they taken from a Spite or spitfire or are they bespoke?
    Thanks
    Michael

Re: hood and frame for YKC roadster

Frame was bespoke Marlin / YKC but there have been many variants including folding frames. The hood and side screens used to come from a Plymouth, Devon company, who no longer supply.
    I rarely drove with my hood up. If it rained I headed for the nearest bridge/petrol station or shop with a canopy I could hide under until it eased off.

Comment

HI Michael some people have made their own frames and then had a hood made to fit. Sidescreens too. Although they are bespoke items a good trimmer should be able to fabricate them for you. As far as fitting goes, you should find a socket fitted just below the seatbelt top mount which is for the hood stick to fit into. Here is the diagram from the manual..

hoodframe.JPG

Comment

For info, early Marlin built Roadsters had a non folding hood frame, later ones had the folding type, hope these pics help
        I don't know what the YKC built cars had but would guess at the later folding type, with fitting detail as in Camerons post above
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Gentlemen
          Mine was ordered without hood and does not have those sockets,but the drawings help and show me what involved if I try to get something made.I think for now I will show a tarp in the back and take my chances.
          Thanks again
          Michael

Comment

Working...
          X