Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - you decide !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - you decide !

1978 Clenet for sale in USA offers around $30K. Not a car I'd seen before so thought I'd share the pics with you guys/gals
    Check the PWC site noted on the pics if you want more
    Rgds DC
    Attached Files

Re: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - you decide !

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
    1978 Clenet for sale in USA offers around $30K. Not a car I'd seen before so thought I'd share the pics with you guys/gals
    Check the PWC site noted on the pics if you want more
    Rgds DC
    I bet that gives CompoSimmonite some ideas. An Extra-LWB Roadster!

But it must have a massively long remote on the gearbox, perhaps it's an Auto.

Comment

Doors and windscreen look to be from MG Midget/ AH Sprite

Comment

If I remember right, unlikely. A Midget/Sprite bulkhead and body to behind the doors was used. There was a similar British one that used a mini body shell from the bulkhead back.

Comment

If you have half an hour to waste imagine the MOC making a video about the Marlin. Classic neo classic now there's a description.

In the Spring of 2000, a group of San Diego community theater friends put together this short documentary about the Clenet Coachworks, Series I Roadster. It ...
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
            ............................... There was a similar British one that used a mini body shell from the bulkhead back.
            Beauford Kit cars! Used to be one in the Exeter area, used a lot for weddings. Peter.

Comment

Ben

Managed 3mins of the video - music was from that Yorkshire vet series and the actors from Acorn Antiques - I only hung in for 3 ins to see if Julie Walters was in it :-)

Comment

There was a "stretched" version of the Midget called the Dragonfly

Comment

That Clenet is definitely spridget screen and doors. I googled it and found that, " Clenet is arguably the most beautifully-styled automobile series ever built. Each limited-production model was conceived, designed, and produced by a small team of dedicated men and women in Santa Barbara County, California in the 1970s and 1980s."
                  PS I restored three spridgets back in the day and always wanted a Dragonfly - never found one! Too old and fat now!

Comment

Working...
                  X