Strange indicator bulbs !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange indicator bulbs !

The rear tail light units on my triumph based roadster are the common early "rubbalite" type also used on trailers.. I've had a lot of difficulty finding bulbs for them ,local motor factors couldn't match them .. They have twin pins .. Anyone have any idea where to get them or part number ? I'm after the indicator and also stop/tail...
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Re: Strange indicator bulbs !

Originally posted by 928cdu View Post
    The rear tail light units on my triumph based roadster are the common early "rubbalite" type also used on trailers.. I've had a lot of difficulty finding bulbs for them ,local motor factors couldn't match them .. They have twin pins .. Anyone have any idea where to get them or part number ? I'm after the indicator and also stop/tail...

Try AES. I have used them a lot and had good service from them.

Peter.

Comment

I always get mine from Halfords. I use these as I found the lack of reflector in the lamp means the light output is quite low. These give a brighter light than standard.
      We've got car headlight bulbs for every make and model, including H7 headlight bulbs and LED bulbs. Find replacement car lights at Halfords.
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

I made some reflectors from some old beer cans

Comment

That's what I like to see a bit of ingenuity ! Mind you I have used those to mend exhausts many a time !..

BTW I got to the bottom of why I couldn't any bulbs to fit .. the original owner had used two stop-tail bulb holders on the right & two indicator bulb holders on the left... the bulbs were a rather tight fit to say the least .. I cant complain too much they've been in there and working sin
          ce 1981 !
          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Working...
          X