Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina 1.8 gearbox needed

Hi

I have a Marlin Roadster with the 1.8 marina engine and gearbox. The engine is strong but the gearbox is very tired. Does anyone know where i can find a replacement? Or maybe where I can get mine reconditioned

Thanks for looking and any help will be appreciated

Phil

Re: Marina 1.8 gearbox needed

Hi Phil, Try Stuart on 07517626540.He is near Poole Dorset. He was mentioned on the forum recently. Someone may point out where. He breaks Marinas etc. I have no connection except as a satisfied customer.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
      Hi Phil, Try Stuart on 07517626540.He is near Poole Dorset. He was mentioned on the forum recently. Someone may point out where. He breaks Marinas etc. I have no connection except as a satisfied customer.
      Hi Dave
      Thanks for the info' I will give Stuart a ring tomorrow

Comment

Be aware that the input shaft for a 1.8 is different from a 1.3, a different number of splines to engage in the clutch plate.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
          Be aware that the input shaft for a 1.8 is different from a 1.3, a different number of splines to engage in the clutch plate.
          Thanks for the heads up Steve, I didn't know the input shafts were different and would probably have made an expensive mistake! Much appreciated

Comment

Hi, I've got a 1.8 Marina gearbox under a tarpaulian which I removed a couple of years ago when I fitted an MGB overdrive box. I haven't looked at it recently but I don't recall any problems driving when it was on the road. I'm in West Sussex.

Comment

Originally posted by velovol View Post
              Hi, I've got a 1.8 Marina gearbox under a tarpaulian which I removed a couple of years ago when I fitted an MGB overdrive box. I haven't looked at it recently but I don't recall any problems driving when it was on the road. I'm in West Sussex.
              That sounds perfect, have sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
              X