Fiat twin cam engine breather set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat twin cam engine breather set-up

I know that there are at least a couple of Fiat twin cam engined Roadsters out there and I was wondering what engine breather set-up they had. Originally, when I first installed my 2.0L engine over twenty years ago I kept the oil/vapour separator unit but then the return breather pipe that went to the air cleaner/filter housing I simply directed into a disused coke can. Not ideal I know but it was all that I could think of at the time. Fairly recently I set about improving things somewhat and I have fitted an oil catch tank and filter system. What I have noticed is that I have developed an oil leak. I am not sure if it is the sump gasket or the rear oil seal on the crank. It could just be coincidental but my concern is that I have created too much crank case pressure (not allowing the engine to breath) which is forcing the oil out. As yet I need to determine just where the oil is coming from. I have a new sump gasket which I will replace but I see little point if the pressure in the engine is too great. My other option is to disconnect the catch tank or filter and see if that makes a difference. It would be a great help if I could hear from anyone who has the same engine and to see what set-up they have.
    Chris.

image1u.jpg

image2u.jpg

image3u.jpg
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 11-11-16, 12:34 PM.
Working...
X