Stopping non club members posting !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stopping non club members posting !

I respectfully suggest that you contact the treasurer for clarification.

Comment

A plea to close this one down and get on with “car talk” Its starting to get nasty, not good for potential readers. If people have an issue with this thread why not deal directly with Marlin Owners Club Executive Committee.
      YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

CompoSimmonite please don't bin the parts as I would be definitely interested in the tonneau and sticks. I've sent you a pm.

More support for keeping the forum public from a member. I was on the forum regularly before I bought my Roadster and joined the Club, researching the models and what to look for. If I had had to ring someone in the Club every time I thought of some piece of information I wanted I it wouldn't have worked for me. The active involvement of all the helpful posters to the forum, members or otherwise, is what makes it worthwhile and it would certainly be a loss if we were to exclude the knowledge and assistance available from non members.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
          Your forum ID says Treasurer. If its wrong, like some Club Members status, I suggest it's changed immediately.
          How are the forum members are supposed to know otherwise?
          Perhaps you know the treasurer and can pass the message on?
          Or has the treasurer never posted on this forum, so has no idea of the representations made here, yet has voting rights at the AGM.

Clarification please.
          I think you will find that the Treasurer is a partner of the Derby member

Comment

Originally posted by djj_engineer View Post
            I think you will find that the Treasurer is a partner of the Derby member
            I notice that upon my comment the contributor has changed the forum settings for his forum ID.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Whatever the cost of membership, I don't see how you can complain about not being able to access the full site if you haven't paid to BE a member.
              Whether that's the CORRECT club decision? - well, that's for the elected club "management" to decide - you know?....those who were voted in by the club membership.
              I'm presuming they do it for free, so good on them - it's more than I could be a****d to do.
              As in the "Brexit" ... if someone didn't vote they have no right to whine about the outcome.
              If you don't like the current rules go get yourself voted into the committee - and change them !
              As for me?......well, I sucked the club dry for information about my car, paid my subs, and now I,m leaving.
              This thread, and its tone would be a good example of why.
              And I,m FAR to lazy to think of being a committee member!!

Comment

The information I have is a little out of date, we have had a number of recent joiners, but the number I have is over 800 members including partners.

The number of non-members with access is in the region of 600. Reconciling thousands of records is not a pleasant undertaking.

Although the contribution from some non-members will be sorely missed I believe the club is still very active, strong and friendly.

The greatest response to my email has been of the type “very sorry I thought I had paid”.

We could have done this by removing access to non-members without warning. I thought it was friendlier to warn people first and allow them to decide if they enjoyed using the clubs facilities enough to become members.

I am confident that no Marlins will be scrapped as a result of this change.

My apologies; to all members that have incorrectly received emails. As shown above you can easily make false assumptions based on member’s details. By consolidating the membership in one place and allowing members to verify and amend their own details I believe the quality of the information we have will be greatly improved.

It is not a requirement for committee members to read the forums but most do.

I have not changed anybody’s access rights yet.

Although the “decision” to disallow non-members was forced on the committee I am fairly comfortable with the result. It is not currently possible to set up the website in another way. Some committee members are passionately against it.

I will be stepping down in May 2018 or before if another volunteer is found. I am concerned as to how the website will be managed after that date.

I agree that this thread is of little value to car enthusiasts and somewhat fruitless but I am inclined to let it exhaust itself.
                Paul

Comment

Working...
                X