Exeter Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exeter Trial

I have seen in the media a report of a bad incident that happened during the Exeter Trial this weekend.

A man dies after the car he was driving rolled while trying to climb a steep hill at an organised motor event.

A car failed to make it to the top of a steep rise, reversed and rolled over. The driver was killed and the passenger badly injured.

The car was a Marlin Roadster. The number plate has been obscured by the press so I can’t recognise the owner or whether they were MOC members or not. The photo does show the integrity of the Marlin Windscreen roll-over protection.

I offer condolences to the family following their very sad loss.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: Exeter Trial

I totally agree with you Dane, so sad and I would like to add my condolences to his friends and family and hope that the passenger who was injured will make a speedy recovery.

Comment

We saw this report too. Our condolences as well to family and friends. Hope they don't ban the sport due to health and safety.

Comment

Not good news. I am very familiar with both Clifford and Fingle route. RIP.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the driver has now been named according to The Exeter Express and Echo's website

I had worked it out, but for obvious reasons, wouldn't post anything until it was in the public domain.

The co-driver's name wasn't on the entry list on the MCC's website.
          Best Wishes
          Bill Williams
          Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

Working...
          X