X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportster "New Hood"

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Steve
    Have you considered asking Aldridge Trimming if they can help.
    Thanks I will take a look.

Comment

Thanks Wigglesworld, and yes Biggles will be looking to visit Stoneleigh so hope fully we will meet real life )

Comment

Originally posted by stevepritch View Post
        David

As I understand it, Marlin don't actually make the hoods but sub it out and I imagine add a %age, I would be looking to run as much business as possible through the book, and adding a %age for passing on an order is a no brainer in my humble opinion.
        Steve,
        your absolutely right. When I bought my hood in 2008, Marlin sub-contracted to a company called Lang and Potter. I dealt with a lady called Donna Jacketts.
        It's a bit of a long shot but it may be worth contacting them direct to see if they have the pattern or any old stock?
        Full details are:
        Donna Jacketts

Lang & Potter Marine LTD

Galileo Close

Newnham Industrial Estate

Plympton

Plymouth

PL7 4JW

Comment

Originally posted by Peterx View Post
          Steve,
          your absolutely right. When I bought my hood in 2008, Marlin sub-contracted to a company called Lang and Potter. I dealt with a lady called Donna Jacketts.
          It's a bit of a long shot but it may be worth contacting them direct to see if they have the pattern or any old stock?
          Full details are:
          Donna Jacketts

Lang & Potter Marine LTD

Galileo Close

Newnham Industrial Estate

Plympton

Plymouth

PL7 4JW
          I contacted Lang and Potter. They stopped making for Marlin about 7 years ago according to their man. They are not sure what happened to the patterns, possibly returned to Marlin, possibly destroyed.
          Given Marlin say they don't have them, I guess they are gone.

Comment

With regard to Cabrio hoods, and Marlin's statement that they would reintroduce the Cabrio/Hunter if there was sufficient interest . Does this mean that they have the patterns for the hoods or start all over again? Presumably they also have or have access to the body moulds etc. Who knows!!!!!

Comment

Picked up these Saturday morning, 3mm ali, laser cut and bent to match existing plates profile. They will be able to carry the hood bracketsPanels.jpg

Comment

This is what it's all about
                hood 1.jpg

Comment

hood2.jpg

Comment

hood3.jpg And I did an evening drive up the M40 at 8pm in my shirt sleeves Wednesday, have to say it certainly makes it cosy when it's cool.
                    Last edited by stevepritch; 04-05-18, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Hi Steve. Certainly looks well made.

Comment

I do wish I would wear my glasses.....The hood frame fits on the swivel joints, but I could not remove the frame from the swivel joints, even though advised they pull off quite easily with a little persuasion. Even with lots of it they were not moving! Took out the new side panels, had to anyway, to drill speaker holes and to trim them, just before the gwaffs start, and into shed. When you put your glasses on you can see the securing spring clip..... mmmm off with the spring clip out pops the ball joint with a little persuasion. Head wall bang!
                        Well the plates are being cut at the moment, 96mm diameter to take the speakers and then I will trim them and put it all together.
                        So glad that since I bought the hood the sun has been shining!

Comment

So the hoods not fitted and the wind ruins my hair do so I made the draught screen.. Thought I'd do something different with it. I quite like it.. If anyone wants an image print I can forward the printer details. FB_IMG_1526932458910.jpg
                          Last edited by stevepritch; 21-05-18, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X