Steering rack Roadster Marina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steering rack Roadster Marina

Thanks guys for the words of support. I will fight my own battles though and will continue to contribute with as much accurate researched and documented information that I can. Not so easy to put parts in your hand when I am in Spain, but others can help.

But it remains irritating, when good information is in the public domain, and the hours of work that it takes, is apparently ignored or overlooked.

The bottom line of this thread is that accident damage can be repaired with the correct parts or an adaptation can be made to fit similar parts. Added to that the possibility of a twisted upright, that has been identified as an issue in two previous cases where the length of the rack was questioned, has been reinforced.

Incidentally more people have downloaded the relevant document and learned a little more accurate information that they can share with others.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thats a Mk2 Rack. Clive needs a Mk1 unless he swaps out the mounts as explained in my article.

The eBay item suggests a Mk3 but I have never seen one specific to a Mk3 the last ones manufactured for the Marina and Ital were all Mk2 design.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
        X