Tudor instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tudor instruments

Hi everyone, I am re-wiring a Berli - can anyone confirm that the numbers 1 and 2 for the electrical connections on the back of the Tudor Water temp and Oil press gauges relate to 1 being Pos and 2 being Neg ( sender ) . The other query is a voltage stabiliser normally required for these ? Engine not running yet and reluctant to connect wrongly and damage instruments !
    Thanks PaulW

Re: Tudor instruments

Hi Paul, I have to say I am struggling with my memory dept, to bring to mind a Tudor gauge? Danny.

Comment

On ebay there are two temp gauges advertised as Tudor /Smiths. I'm sure Tudor rings a bell in accessories , mirrors and screen washers but from the 60s.Sorry I can't be more help

Comment

Try http://www.caigauge.com/product-instructions there are instructions for all sorts of gauges.

OE (Original Equipment) as fitted to; MGB, MG Midget & Austin Healey Sprite 1967 to 1969. Gauge face is Marked; "Oil, Smiths, Water 0C, Made in U.K."

mcU_uYsZ1qKdQSAwo2D0Qig.jpg

I think
        YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Hi Mike, I read the question as 2 number gauges, one water temp, and the other oil pressure. The manufacturer beiung Tudor?
          I think Tudor were about early days and listed items for hot rods etc.

Comment

Thanks for replies all, -- Mike I contacted via your link the firm who turned out to be the original mfcrs of Smiths gauges and were also the mfcr of Tudor gauges !! They were very helpful and confirmed that the connections were not as I thought ie 1 Neg ( sender ) and 2 is 12v Pos. Many thanks for the great info. Paul

Comment

Working...
            X