Cabrio Rear Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio Rear Lights

I have read in the Marlin news letter that there is a problem with the Cabrio Rear lights when submitted for IVA
    Can any one enlarge on this problem??
    Do I need to alter the current lights when submitting for IVA
    Thank you for your advice
    Nigel

Re: Cabrio Rear Lights

My Cabrio was the first to go through IVA. I did smooth the edges of the lights to make sure it passed the radius test.
    Also used some bits of beer can to act as reflectors behind the bulbs as they did not seem very bright. Drink the beer first.

Comment

I was under the impression that the article related to the rear lights on the Sportster not the Cabrio. Mike Gardner's Cabrio didn't have problem in that area as I recall.

Comment

Nigel

The Marlin news letter only refers to the Sportster rear wing.

Marlin have modified the new Sportster rear wing to mimmick the upright face design of the Cabrio rear wing pod (previously Sportsters had no pod, so the light was not vertical).

You should not have a problem with your Cabrio rear lights (assuming they have no sharp edges!).

However, you will have the problem of how much of the rear wheel is covered , so will need to add solid mudflap extensions at the rear.

Last edited by Mike; 16-03-17, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you for that You are right the article did refer to the Sportster

Comment

Thank you for that Mike I think I had better get my Thinking cap out
            Thank you
            Nigel

Comment

Working...
            X