Project Binky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Binky

Oooo, love a Frogeyed Sprite..... not keen on the Yankee Doodles calling it a 'bug eyed Sprite!', when will they learn that the original English is the correct terminology... hahahaha. Interesting video though.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Episode 29 (one day!!!!!!! one day will it ever get finished?????????)
      In episode 29 we have an absolute tonne of stuff to re-furbish and make good. There's powdercoating, painting, stripping, blasting, plating and many more ing...
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
        Episode 29 (one day!!!!!!! one day will it ever get finished?????????)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZ8_pqJgek
        Of course it will get finished, along with Escargot.

Subscribe, like, Patreon and buy their merch if you enjoy.
        Just watching YouTube does nothing to help them!
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

" Episode 29 (one day!!!!!!! one day will it ever get finished?????????)"

Well the way I'm looking at it, at least they are powder coating/painting it now........... got to be ready by 2025!
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Episode 30... and, no, it's not finished! In fact, still no painted car.

Comment

I recon there’ll a couple more episodes before we get to see the colour of the paint. The longer they stretch it the more high class equipment they’ll have placed in their hands. That humble click on my torque wrench is no longer the delight it once was. Garage envy is me (I wish I had done it before them and could do it half as well).
              Paul

Comment

We need a laugh or two at the moment so here goes. Mind the bad language though!!

We figured in the current rather uncertain climate you might like to have a laugh at our expense. So we whipped up another one of our outtakes videos - the f...
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                  We need a laugh or two at the moment so here goes. Mind the bad language though!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzxcuBJUE7E

Become a Patreon and get these two weeks earlier!
                  This one was published on 1st April.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Episode 31 now available!

In episode 31 of Project Binky we break out the TIG welder again for some more fab work as there's a turbo that needs fitting! Things get cleaned and more su...

Comment

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Episode 32, a long one, coming this weekend. Enjoy!

Comment

It's arrived:
                        In episode 32 of Project Binky we finish off the engine build with more brackets, sensors, wiring and a shed load of fab work. A lot to pack into this one, h...

Comment

They make it look so easy - I would be on a day with one of their brackets alone

Comment

I remember one episode that they set a timer to make one bracket, I think that was for a steering pump bracket and that took a day.
                            I wish I had their patience.

Comment

designing a bracket right can take so long, especially the way they approach it with perfection!
                              BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
                              http://www.modelog.co.uk/
                              http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Whatever happened to Binky – Last seen heading for the spray booth?

In the meantime I quite enjoyed “Building an £850 hatchback into a competitive race car.” Also from Bad Obsession Motorsport
                                The global pandemic scuppered our carefully laid plans for the spring and summer of 2020 so we needed something else to pass the time and to look forward to....

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X