Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Marling Roadster FOR SALE fully working with full mot

Hi guys,

Sad to say but I'm selling my 1987 SWB Marlin Roadster 2L. I've just spent £240 on a new set of tyres and it's got a full 12 month MOT with 9150 genuine miles on the clock, 2 owners from new. Everything is working as it should. It is a 30 year old car and looks like the paint is also, it's in nice condition but could do with a new paint job to get it really shining. I was sold the original roof for the car when I bought it but it's not in usable condition so would need a new roof, I do have the metal bar for the roof though and the old roof to use as a template or parts. I've also got the wheel nut key.

It has a 2L Ford Capri engine and gearbox (fully working and very fast) the axels are 1800 marina. Starts up fine and runs well, I've just flushed and cleaned the coolant system and filled up with fresh coolant. So ready to drive away into the sun! I'm asking for £4,500ono. I'm based near Stroud/Gloucester. Any questions just ask.

Ash.IMG_2705.JPG

Re: 1987 Marling Roadster FOR SALE fully working with full mot

IMG_2695.JPG

Comment

IMG_2696.JPG

Comment

IMG_2699.JPG

Comment

IMG_2704.JPGIMG_2700.JPGIMG_2707.JPG

Comment

about 2.5k ott

Comment

Ash

A couple of points..."9150 genuine miles on the clock, 2 owners from new."

You are advertising an '80's kit car, comprising parts from the kit and at least 3 other vehicles, namely Ford Capri, Morris Marina & Triumph Stag (the instruments, are from a Stag unless I am mistaken), so whilst the odo may well have only 9150 miles showing it has most likely gone round the clock in its lifetime, either in the original vehicle or this one. It might be more helpful to prospective purchasers if you were to state the mileage of the car since built (if known).

As for the number of owners, given a kit car can rarely be described as "new" then 2 since built, or 2 including the original builder, might be more accurate.

My own car has c 25k miles since build & 3 owners (and I represent 2 of them) but I would hesitate to describe it as a "25k from new, 2 owner car"...it's on it's 3rd engine & gearbox..!

Good luck with the sale.

BTW no one ever got into Marlins for the money, apart from Paul & Danny perhaps
              Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
              Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
                Good luck with the sale.

BTW no one ever got into Marlins for the money, apart from Paul & Danny perhaps
                How well do you know Danny...........?

I don't think there are many who would accuse Danny of being in it for the money - I'd say quite the opposite - he does it for the love of the cars and the members he is able to help.........

Comment

It might have done 109,000 miles but going off the past MOTs odometer readings I wouldn't have thought so as it's done less than 100-200 miles a year for the past 10 years, was only at 8531 miles in 2007.. but your right, we'll never know 100% if it has or. It.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    How well do you know Danny...........?

I don't think there are many who would accuse Danny of being in it for the money - I'd say quite the opposite - he does it for the love of the cars and the members he is able to help.........
                    Mike, I bought my car (back) from Danny so I know he's in it for the love...hence the smiley...obviously a misjudged attempt at levity on my part.
                    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
                    X