Another Roadster for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Roadster for sale

Looking for a classic Marlin Roadster? Find your perfect car on ClassicCarsforSale.co.uk, the UK's best marketplace for buyers and traders.

Re: Another Roadster for sale

Looking on this website this morning, I see there is another Roadster also advertised, is it the "Purple Peril", Noel's car? I thought that it had died completely, one never knows !!! David.

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
      Looking on this website this morning, I see there is another Roadster also advertised, is it the "Purple Peril", Noel's car? I thought that it had died completely, one never knows !!! David.
      It seems we, both you and I thought wrong David.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I'm not convinced the adverts on this site are up to date, I remember the same advert for the green cabrio being on here when I was looking back at end of 2015 and I just missed it. Pretty sure its the same person in the ad.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
          I'm not convinced the adverts on this site are up to date, I remember the same advert for the green cabrio being on here when I was looking back at end of 2015 and I just missed it. Pretty sure its the same person in the ad.
          I agree, I've stopped checking this site as most times I look they are old adverts and should have been taken down. I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere showing pics of "Purple Peril" stripped down into parts.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

There are very many out of date adverts on t'internet.

Purple Peril was scrapped, someone took pics (inc this one) back in October 2015
            Attached Files

Comment

Rip pp
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                There are very many out of date adverts on t'internet.

Purple Peril was scrapped, someone took pics (inc this one) back in October 2015

Its a shame its history is apparently lost for such a unique car.
                MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                X