Q Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q Plate

Talking to an owner of a Spartan at a show at the weekend, he said he was in the process of replacing the Q plate with an age related plate as he has evidence of the age of components.
    My understanding is that once a Q plate always a Q plate does he have any chance of obtaining an age related plate ?. Not sure why he wanted to get rid of the Q plate as I said it would not concern me.

Re: Q Plate

Hi DC
    My understanding is the same as yours, it's fixed to the car.

I suppose it would might sell easier in Europe with a non Q plate?

This is from my V5, guess all Q cars have this on the bottom

See you Sunday ? Rgds DC
    Attached Files

Comment

Thought so Dave, I will see him again at local shows so I will see how he gets on.
      Unfortunately unable to attend on Sunday due to wife organising family event I have not asked if it is optional, all being well I will be there on the Monday
      Regards
      Dave

Comment

See you Monday then
        Rgds DC

Comment

THe Q plate is non transferable so cannot be moved onto another car. However, the plate was issued because the car was of indeterminate origin/ age. "Q" numbers are therefore non-transferable and must remain with the vehicle unless documentary evidence which confirms its origins or age comes to the attention of the DVLA who may then choose to assign an age-related registration mark. If you find such documentary evidence for your Q plated vehicle then you should contact the DVLA, who may then assign a replacement age-related registration number plate to the vehicle. Got that from a number plate salesman!
          Unfortunately I have to go to my sons wedding this weekend so wont be at stoneleigh (though guess where I would rather be!!!).
          Cameron

Comment

Many thanks for that
            Rgds DC

Comment

The Q cant be transferred to another vehicle but it may be possible to make a case with the old points system for the car to get an age related plate instead.

All depends on the paper pushed at Swansea!
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

My old Dutton Melos was on a Q plate, to TBH it never really bothered me. It was registered as a Dutton Melos and to me that was the important thing. I suppose it depends on whether you have a very specific age related plate that you may wish to hang on it. Each to their own etc etc
                2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                  The Q cant be transferred to another vehicle but it may be possible to make a case with the old points system for the car to get an age related plate instead.

All depends on the paper pushed at Swansea!
                  My understanding is that the chap I was talking to is making his case on the points system to get an age related plate, he did not mention having receipts to back this up.
                  I look forward to catching up with him soon to see how he is getting on.

Comment

Working...
                  X