Members Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Members Map

Please will a Committee member accept David's kind offer!

Comment

I appreciate David's offer and will discuss it with the relevant committee member(s) as soon as I can.

Comment

Thanks to David for his kind offer. Private message sent.
        Paul

Comment

Message received and communications channel setup..
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

The members map page says to contact an admin if you wish to be included.

Please mocad2106 include me in the members map.

I don't care about data protection other than please do not publish my credit card details and pin number.

Thanks..........Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, When Paul and I get to grips with this I’ll contact all members via the club to let them know what they need to do to get on the map and to ask what information they are happy to publish.
              Thanks,
              David
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I have updated the map to show all members anonymously.

I have divided the UK into a grid that shows the number of members in that proximity. A count of overseas members is positioned approximately in the centre of their country. All members are shown none can be identified from the map. But you might guess that my location is near one of the pins shown in the English Channel.

You can zoom in to get more detail. When hovering the mouse over a marker pin the number of members in that proximity is shown. Clicking on a pin will also show the number of members.

Zooming out will cluster the pins to show the total members in that proximity. Hovering the mouse over marker shows the number of pins clustered.

Members wishing to contact other local members can use the Marlin member contact service.

I believe this map is a good compromise between usefulness and privacy.

My thanks to David for his assistance.

Paul

Comment

Well done Paul, I must own up to providing moral support only!

Comment

Thank you, Paul, this is wonderful. I'm not sure which pin I'm under, but the map now suggests that there are 53 members in my region, perhaps within 2.5 hours drive of me. If I was thinking of organising something this information would encourage me to go ahead as the "right" event might motivate! 2.5 hours?....is about what the drive to Stoneleigh takes from here.
                    Bill

Comment

Interesting, when I joined the MOC and looked (February)? There was a member not 10 miles from me, but he/she seems to have disappeared now.

I think there is already so much of my info on the Internet that I’ve no issue with my details going on the MOC map, given that it is in a ‘member only’ area.

Please put me on the map.

Colin Barrett
                      Bideford, Devon UK
                      Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Originally posted by kahawi View Post
                        <snip>

Please put me on the map.

Colin Barrett
                        Hi Colin,
                        The old map had become out of date and for various reasons has changed to show all members anonymously including you. It really only gives a general guide to members near you.

If you would like to meet up with local members you can use our member contact service see:

I can reveal that there are 27 members with emails within 50 miles of you. There are also two members within three miles of you but unfortunately they have not provided us with emails. I don’t have a way to contact them (I might be persuaded to phone them).

You imply that you would not mind me sending out your details but don’t say why. To use the service please send me a pm or email me giving permission to pass on your choice of contact details to other members. They should also include a reason for the contact. For example:
                        Dear Web Administrator,
                        Please can you distribute my contact details as I would like to organise a monthly meet in my locality.
                        John Doe
                        Email xxxxx Phone xxxxx Mobile xxxxx

I will email the nearby members by blind copy. It is then up to those members if they would like to get involved.

I spoke to a gentleman a Stoneleigh who used the service and was full of praise for it. The greatest value in this website is putting like minded people in contact.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mocad2016 View Post
                          Hi Colin,
                          The old map had become out of date and for various reasons has changed to show all members anonymously including you. It really only gives a general guide to members near you.

If you would like to meet up with local members you can use our member contact service see:

I can reveal that there are 27 members with emails within 50 miles of you. There are also two members within three miles of you but unfortunately they have not provided us with emails. I don’t have a way to contact them (I might be persuaded to phone them).

You imply that you would not mind me sending out your details but don’t say why. To use the service please send me a pm or email me giving permission to pass on your choice of contact details to other members. They should also include a reason for the contact. For example:
                          Dear Web Administrator,
                          Please can you distribute my contact details as I would like to organise a monthly meet in my locality.
                          John Doe
                          Email xxxxx Phone xxxxx Mobile xxxxx

I will email the nearby members by blind copy. It is then up to those members if they would like to get involved.

I spoke to a gentleman a Stoneleigh who used the service and was full of praise for it. The greatest value in this website is putting like minded people in contact.

Paul
                          without other information, I presume that Paul is continuing as Web Admin post Stoneleigh.
                          Presumably no other changes in the committee!
                          MOC member since 05/97
                          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                          X