Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas indicators

Hi everyone

As my genuine 10+ (or 20+) years old indicators are loosing the chrome finish I decided to find replacement. I really like the shape so have a look at ebay and found cheaper "Lucas style" and more expensive "Genuine Lucas" indicators. The last ones sometime described as "Manufactured on New Tooling!".
    Has anyone experience with the replicas or the new generation genuine ones (not new-old-stock). Don't want to pay more then needed but replacing them after a year or two is also not a good option.

I'm using my Berlinetta at lest weekly all year round (snow, sand, salt...)

Best regards
    Roman
    Attached Files

Re: Lucas indicators

This style of indicator is fitted to some motorbikes at the rear. That is what I used when I changed to this "domed" type of light unit from the original much larger and flatter Marlin fitment. They have been on my Hunter for several years and are still looking good.

Have a look in your local motorbike factors. Some stalks are longer than others so check yours first. These "domed" light units are fitted to the rear of early Series Land Rovers and are very cheap to buy that way. Peter.

Comment

If not exactly what you are looking for, this might help. http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/category/lights/
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Pete, Steve thank you for you replies.
        A few years ago I bought stainless steel rear fog and reversing lamps and a pair of chrome headlight bowls. The stainless steel lamps are looking good and shiny but they are very thin an the glass seals are very far away from "perfect".
        The chrome bowls developed rusty dots within a year. So now I ordered another pair - stainless.
        That's why I'm asking if someone has opinion about the quality/longevity of eg. ebay item: 222041309641 or 222396682731
        I also looked at the Yamaha Virago indicators (metal body) but I'm used to the Lucas ones (chrome on plastic).

Comment

Working...
        X