Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand brake cable snapped - urgent

Message originally posted by: Keith Howell
    (Sierra Roadster - YKC) The short adaptor cable has snapped. It's the one that goes from the bottom of the handbrake assembly around the pulley wheel and then onto what can be described as a crescent shape spreader that holds the original Sierra cable.

I think I remember it being from a Fiesta but I am not sure (11 years and all that) and how does it fit to the crescent? Is it just another clevis pin?
    Does anyone know what it is from and a part number? Has anyone got he facility to take a digital photo of one intact please?

Looking at the metalwork that holds the pulley wheel, it is bent at an angle (should it be like that?) and I think it has been fraying against it.

I live in a rather hilly area and going out without a handbrake would not do my clutch any favours and now it is my only car it somewhat curtails my activities

Any help/advice/pointers will be very much appreciated

Keith

Re: Hand brake cable snapped - urgent

Message originally posted by: Keith Howell
    OK guys, after a panicky 1/2 day on the phone, talking to local Ford dealership - useless ; Ford Customer Service Centre - very helpful, put me on to ; Newford Parts Centre in Lancashire who gave me the Part Number, wanted ?24.71 but were unexplainably shutting for 2 weeks. Armed with the part number I contacted PartCo who had one left in stock at ?4.62!!

For the future, it is: Part Nuumber 650 2746 or Unipart No. UGC GVC 2235 and if they ever become unavailable it is 2 brass banjo's set at 90 degrees to each other with holes for 5/16" clevis pins centres 6" apart. As Ben says, any good boat chandlers should be able to make one up

Comment

Working...
    X