• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster for sale

I wish I could afford it!

Re: Sportster for sale

Same here, PX my Roadster?
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Me too
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Either someone is trying to make a quick buck, or they decided very quickly a Sportster was not for them.

The original builder, who had lavished a lot of time and care preparing his Sportster, only sold it on 26th April 2017............
        Last edited by Mike; 12-05-17, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I thought I recognised it
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

This may be the same old guy[in his late 70's/80's] who bought Lee Hunters Cabrio off Peter Gilbert only to phone Peter in an attempt to sell the car back. He buys on a whim , has a firm collect on his behalf and decides days later he doesn't like the vehicle.
            May be a case of cash to burn but little idea of the joys and tribulations involved in kit car ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
              This may be the same old guy[in his late 70's/80's] who bought Lee Hunters Cabrio off Peter Gilbert only to phone Peter in an attempt to sell the car back. He buys on a whim , has a firm collect on his behalf and decides days later he doesn't like the vehicle.
              May be a case of cash to burn but little idea of the joys and tribulations involved in kit car ownership.

...................... or is he trying (and succeeding?) to make money?

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                I thought I recognised it
                Built by Robin Martin, and well documented on Madabout Kitcars forum.

Comment

Working...
                X