How to add pictures to a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add pictures to a post

This is a brief description of how to add pictures to your posts.

Begin a new thread or reply to an existing one. Text can be added if required.

To add a picture scroll down and click on; “Manage Attachments”.

Using internet explorer this screen will allow you to browse your computer for files. Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mobi pdf png psd txt zip. Select the required file and click on Upload. Close this window.

Click on “Peview Post” to check the picture and text looks good.

Sometimes the picture is too big and requires anyone reading the post to scroll to view the picture. This can be annoying if you want to see the whole scene. There are various programs and apps that allow pictures to be shrunk.

If you decide not to use a picture it can be deleted by returning to the Manage Attachments screen. Another picture can also be added here.

Hope this helps,
    Paul
    Attached Files

Re: How to add pictures to a post

A second method has been suggested by Mike:

Open New thread, or Press "Reply to Thread" as before.

Now: Click on the Picture frame icon (has a tree set in a picture frame) arrowed in the picture.

Once open click : From Computer tab

Click : Browse.
    These are your photos stored on your computer - the only issue to then be aware of is file size, and that they are .jpeg files.

Click : Upload File(s) - don't worry that it appears as [Attachment] in your post, when you click Send your picture will appear in your post. You can also click “Go Advance” to review the post as it will look.

Press Send (Post Quick Reply or Submit Reply): To send your post with pictures.

Another sample picture.jpg
    Last edited by milliemarlin; 19-05-17, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Hi Mike
      I pressed reply to this thread but do not see what you show above ie no icons etc
      Any thoughts of what I may be doing wrong please?
      Regards
      Bryan
      Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hello Bryan,
        What type of device are you using: Laptop/workstation, tablet, phone or other? Which browser?
        Paul

Comment

dont forget to click "Go Advanced" at the bottom, if that doesnt bring up anything then you have the tool bar switched off in your profile. Paul can activate it for you if you cant find it.

Comment

Hi Paul
            On a Macbook Air running safari
            Tried Go Advanced No joy there, Can't see how to activate tool bar in my profile!! Any chance Paul please?
            Regards
            Bryan
            Stapley Bryan

Comment

Bryan,
              I have made a change to your profile. The forum may appear slightly different when you view it. You should now be able to use either method to add pictures.

I don't think users can change their own profile in this case. If anyone can’t see the screens as pictured please contact me.
              Paul

Comment

Hi Paul
                All looks as it should now
                Many thanks
                May post a Picky just because I can!!
                BryanIMG_0011.jpg
                Stapley Bryan

Comment

......................and why not.........a 2018 calendar contender

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                  X