Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: radiator

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
    Not sure if your donor radiator survived or how far Richmond is from you but here is a contact

http://hansradiators.com/services-ai...tems-richmond/
    I recognise that link.

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
    You don't say what the problem with your radiator is?
    First, there must be an automotive radiator repair shop somewhere in Vancouver. They should be perfectly capable of repairing any radiator, and if necessary adding another core. How about http://hansradiators.com/
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
      I recognise that link.
      Found it by googling didnt realise you had posted it before.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
        Found it by googling didnt realise you had posted it before.
        It must be good, posted twice!
        MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Hello
          i have made a viva 3 elements radiator on ebayhttps: //www.ebay.com/usr/coolingsolutions2013
          165 pounds +25 book delivery

Comment

Hello I have come to the same view as cameron in looking for a new radiator A search on ebay came for 1990-2000 civic rads came up with a variety from strait replacements around £30.00 to £69.00 for a full alloy 3 core rad with fan imported from china good for upto 165 bhp. they measure up close to the viva rad.

I hope this helps

Comment

If someone has the time, it would be interesting to see what the costs would be for a custom ally radiator, of a Viva/Chevette general design with the inlet/outlet connections of the same size and location, but with Marlin style, adjustable, mounting brackets, and a general design, specifically intended to reduce the airflow above and below the radiator, and an extra cooling capacity, along with a custom extended filler/pressure cap, so an expansion tank could be fitted. specifically intended to be a drop in replacement.

It might work out expensive, but with a bit of good design, it could answer many of the overheating problems in one bite, and make installation a less technical challenge.
              I did think about it when I upgraded my original radiator, but time and effort took me elsewhere.
              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

To give some idea of the cost I had an alloy radiator and expansion tank, for my sportster, made to my own design by Alloy racing fabrications. The radiator was based on their standard 490 mm x 320 x 60mm radiator. Mine was slightly narrower at 470mm, included a boss to mount the fan switch, mounting bosses, inlets and expansion pipe all to my own drawing.

The total for both items was £370.95 inc vat and delivery. A previous quote estimated the expansion tank alone being in the region of £100. So a bespoke radiator in 2014 prices should be about £300.

Quite a lot more than a standard rad but it will simplify mounting and plumbing. It looks pretty darned smart too. If ever I get the flaming car finished I will report back on the performance but I pretty confident it will cool the 2.9L V6 Cologne from a Ford Granada (150 hp or 112 kW).

Money well spent IMHO.

Paul
                Alloy racing fabrications (www.alloyracingfabrications.com)
                Last edited by milliemarlin; 22-10-17, 12:42 PM. Reason: Wrong car mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by milliemarlin View Post
                  Money well spent IMHO.
                  Confirming my thoughts entirely.
                  A custom rad with a drain plug and a temp sensor connection, all the bonuses of a custom design, pays dividends for the future.
                  It might even be appropriate for that Zetec conversion that many aspire to.
                  Not wasted time, money, or effort, assuming you have all three.
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                  X