New Roadster Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Roadster Hood

Keith, Ann is interested in the hood. Could you PM me your contact details so I can get her in touch with you.

Comment

Hi Keith, if Ann does not take the spare cant rail I would be interested in it.

Thanks

Derek
      Stumbling around in the dark
      Marina based SWB roadster
      Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Without wishing to be accused of being unfriendly my vote is for members to have first dibs on any item.

I hope Ann will give some serious consideration to joining us as I think she will have saved a great many times the subscription fee on her hood.
        Paul

Comment

Hmmm, a difficult one as it often seems churlish to go that route but I do understand why Paul says that and it is a valid point. The problem, however, is that then makes the club look a bit insular and may deter potential new members.

I remember what happened to me with the MOC back in 2011 when I approached the club to enquire about what Cabrio's may be for sale and was told on a phone call that they liked to 'vet' potential purchasers before deciding whether or not to pass on car details. That totally rubbed me up the wrong way and I decided there and then I didn't want to join any club with that kind of attitude; I went off, bought a TVR and joined that owners club, unfortunately that club hasn't proven to be that great IMO, such is life.
          Fortunately, meeting up with Danny Nelson convinced me to give the MOC as second chance and I am glad I did as they have turned up to be a very friendly helpful bunch. What I'm getting at here is that if we are not careful its far too easy to give out the wrong vibe about the club and its members so perhaps in the odd case like this we should cut non-members a little slack whilst encouraging them of the benefits of joining.

I would suggest that perhaps we should introduce something into the T&C's in the sales section on MOC that preference will be given to members over non-members? If this is always stated up front it would be less likely to cause offense.

Just a few thoughts

Wigs
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

This enquiry came to the chairman via the website and I assumed (wrongly as it turned out) that Ann was a member. However I understand that she has been a member for over 20 years but, for some reason, has not renewed this year. In future, when I get enquiries like this I will check if the enquirer is a member first which will help decide the course of action to take. I do agree that perhaps members should be given priority over non-members where possible but presumably, if a member was after a replacement hood, they would have put a request on the forum to which Keith would probably have replied.

Comment

I think its important to help all Marlin owners Danny Nelson helped me find mine, I then joined the club as its the best way to find help and give help for Marlin owners. Whilst owning the Hunter, numerous people have helped me on here with spares and advice, it really is a great club and thats because of us the membership, but more importantly the people that give up their time to run it

Comment

Originally posted by keith_h View Post
                If Ann still wants a hood etc I have an unused black Lang and Potter hood made from Duck and 2 black unused side screens made from Rivenhood. The clear panels still have their protective tissue paper sewn in. It was made for my YKC Roadster but I suspect it is the same dimensions as her Roadster. Sadly there is a small slit in the roof and which would need repairing and I think the best solution to that would be to remove the top panel and stitch back in a new one.

The slit came to life as I was fitting/stretching the hood and sticking it to the cant rail ( I have a spare one of those as well if she is interested).

I would recommend driving here ( I live in the Chilterns about 6 miles north of High Wycombe and about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Southhampton. I am sure Mrs. H can supply copious quantities of tea and bickies while Ann makes sure it is exactly what she wants.

[ATTACH]8673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8674[/ATTACH]
                If the side screens are still available I am still very interested
                Thanks
                Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
                  Hi Keith, if Ann does not take the spare cant rail I would be interested in it.

Thanks

Derek
                  Hello Derek,

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood now so the hood is back on the market. (I am sorry Ann but I can't resist the following comment but I think you are going to find it difficult to track down matching driving shoes and kit bag - it is probably a bloke thing±±)

I will keep the cant rail until I have sold the hood as if someone is trying to build a hood system from scratch they will need one

Comment

Hello Derek,

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood now so the hood is back on the market. (I am sorry Ann but I can't resist the following comment but I think you are going to find it difficult to track down matching driving shoes and kit bag - it is probably a bloke thing±±)

I will keep the cant rail until I have sold the hood as if someone is trying to build a hood system from scratch they will need one
                    Hi Keith,

I am hoping to get a hood sorted as I only have a frame at the moment, nothing else! I was planning to get a beige one also to match my interior. A cant rail would be the next piece of the jigsaw.

Derek
                    Stumbling around in the dark
                    Marina based SWB roadster
                    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Originally posted by michael47 View Post
                      If the side screens are still available I am still very interested
                      Thanks
                      Michael
                      Hi Michael.

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood so my black one is back up for grabs. As you were the next in order to ask about it I am coming to you. I am rather concerned about the distance as it means you will not be able to see it before buying. If you are still interested I guess we will have to get by with photos. Can you send me a PM with your email address in.

Best regards

Keith

Comment

Hi Keith

Is this still available and if so do you know if it will fit the YKC roadster - ( shortened Sierra back end ) ?

Cheers
                        Stewart

Comment

Hi Michael.

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood so my black one is back up for grabs. As you were the next in order to ask about it I am coming to you. I am rather concerned about the distance as it means you will not be able to see it before buying. If you are still interested I guess we will have to get by with photos. Can you send me a PM with your email address in.

Best regards

Keith
                          The holy grail, but it must be the right colour.
                          if it were me I would grab it with both hands, nut working as middle man is always difficult?
                          MOC member since 05/97
                          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                          X