Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: New Roadster Hood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21 Re: New Roadster Hood 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member peterboat's Avatar
    I think its important to help all Marlin owners Danny Nelson helped me find mine, I then joined the club as its the best way to find help and give help for Marlin owners. Whilst owning the Hunter, numerous people have helped me on here with spares and advice, it really is a great club and thats because of us the membership, but more importantly the people that give up their time to run it

2. #22 Re: New Roadster Hood 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
    If Ann still wants a hood etc I have an unused black Lang and Potter hood made from Duck and 2 black unused side screens made from Rivenhood. The clear panels still have their protective tissue paper sewn in. It was made for my YKC Roadster but I suspect it is the same dimensions as her Roadster. Sadly there is a small slit in the roof and which would need repairing and I think the best solution to that would be to remove the top panel and stitch back in a new one.

The slit came to life as I was fitting/stretching the hood and sticking it to the cant rail ( I have a spare one of those as well if she is interested).

I would recommend driving here ( I live in the Chilterns about 6 miles north of High Wycombe and about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Southhampton. I am sure Mrs. H can supply copious quantities of tea and bickies while Ann makes sure it is exactly what she wants.

Attachment 8673

Attachment 8674
    If the side screens are still available I am still very interested
    Thanks
    Michael

3. #23 Re: New Roadster Hood 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Marlin View Post
    Hi Keith, if Ann does not take the spare cant rail I would be interested in it.

Thanks

Derek
    Hello Derek,

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood now so the hood is back on the market. (I am sorry Ann but I can't resist the following comment but I think you are going to find it difficult to track down matching driving shoes and kit bag - it is probably a bloke thingħħ)

I will keep the cant rail until I have sold the hood as if someone is trying to build a hood system from scratch they will need one

4. #24 Re: New Roadster Hood 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member Blue Marlin's Avatar
    Hello Derek,

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood now so the hood is back on the market. (I am sorry Ann but I can't resist the following comment but I think you are going to find it difficult to track down matching driving shoes and kit bag - it is probably a bloke thingħħ)

I will keep the cant rail until I have sold the hood as if someone is trying to build a hood system from scratch they will need one
    Hi Keith,

I am hoping to get a hood sorted as I only have a frame at the moment, nothing else! I was planning to get a beige one also to match my interior. A cant rail would be the next piece of the jigsaw.

Derek
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

5. #25 Re: New Roadster Hood 
    Quote Originally Posted by michael47 View Post
    If the side screens are still available I am still very interested
    Thanks
    Michael
    Hi Michael.

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood so my black one is back up for grabs. As you were the next in order to ask about it I am coming to you. I am rather concerned about the distance as it means you will not be able to see it before buying. If you are still interested I guess we will have to get by with photos. Can you send me a PM with your email address in.

Best regards

Keith

6. #26 Re: New Roadster Hood 
    forum contributor
    Hi Keith

Is this still available and if so do you know if it will fit the YKC roadster - ( shortened Sierra back end ) ?

Cheers
    Stewart

7. #27 Re: New Roadster Hood 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar
    Hi Michael.

Ann has decided she wants a beige hood so my black one is back up for grabs. As you were the next in order to ask about it I am coming to you. I am rather concerned about the distance as it means you will not be able to see it before buying. If you are still interested I guess we will have to get by with photos. Can you send me a PM with your email address in.

Best regards

Keith
    The holy grail, but it must be the right colour.
    if it were me I would grab it with both hands, nut working as middle man is always difficult?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.