Coil-over part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil-over part numbers

While investigating pulling steering, I discover various "not quite right" things with the front of my car. The track control arms are different (one older with polybushes, one newer with standard bushes) and an apparently leaking shock-absorber. I've looked at the very interesting coil over data sheet elsewhere on here and through another forum member (huge thanks, Chris) I have a gazzmatic part number. Question: my car is a ford-based LWB....no exotic engine, just a 2 litre DOHC 8 valve with a Weber. Gazzmatic only list one part for Marlin cars, number GPG 1168....interestingly not a number on the data sheet...so I'm trying to check that this is the right thing to order. I'm planning a "belt and braces" approach, fitting a replacement pair, together with new track control arms all polybushed. Any suggestions / confirmations gratefuuly received!
    Bill Jackson

Re: Coil-over part numbers

I would definitely poly bush the control arms my new one is as weak as tissue paper it allows the wheel to move repro parts just aint as good as the real thing!!

Comment

Had to replace my front Coilovers last year. Have a look at the following link which should help:

I fitted Supaflex bushes about 10 years ago to my inner front track control arms and to the compliance bushes at the front of the anti roll bar. It made it steer like a go cart and there is no sign of wear in the bushes after all this time.

Any probs / further queries drop me a PM and I will see if I can help. Peter.

Comment

Hi Bill. Have sent you some more PMs. Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X