brakes pulling to one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: brakes pulling to one side

Assuming Marina front hubs, a reminder that they should not be pre-loaded.
    Many a Marina has failed a UK MOT because the examiner expected zero movement when compared with modern cars.
    there is sufficient evidence in the workshop manuals to demonstrate otherwise.

Meanwhile I would suggest changing all bushes to Superflex. You cave nothing to lose. The current exchange rates are in your favour!
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Re: brakes pulling to one side

[[QUOT Eyes it is a Marina-based car and I think this coming winter I will take your advice and change all that I can.
      UOTE=stevejgreen;42513]Assuming you have a Marina based car, the first candidate for steering pulling to une side is the tie rod bushes at the front of the chassis rail. A set of Superflex bushes usually resolves this.
      Alternatively you have a seized caliper piston somewhere. The calipers are Type 14 quite common on old Triumphs and Fords in the UK, and are quite easy to dismantle. Fitting stainless pistons is a good idea.
      Whatever you decide to do, always, on brake, steering, tyres and suspension, do the same work on both sides of the car.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
      Hi
      Do you have single or dual line master cylinder? Do you have a servo / booster?
      If dual line then I would also take a look at the master cylinder and the routing of the brake pipes.
      Jon

Comment

Working...
      X