brakes pulling to one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: brakes pulling to one side

Assuming Marina front hubs, a reminder that they should not be pre-loaded.
    Many a Marina has failed a UK MOT because the examiner expected zero movement when compared with modern cars.
    there is sufficient evidence in the workshop manuals to demonstrate otherwise.

Meanwhile I would suggest changing all bushes to Superflex. You cave nothing to lose. The current exchange rates are in your favour!

Comment

Re: brakes pulling to one side

[[QUOT Eyes it is a Marina-based car and I think this coming winter I will take your advice and change all that I can.
      UOTE=stevejgreen;42513]Assuming you have a Marina based car, the first candidate for steering pulling to une side is the tie rod bushes at the front of the chassis rail. A set of Superflex bushes usually resolves this.
      Alternatively you have a seized caliper piston somewhere. The calipers are Type 14 quite common on old Triumphs and Fords in the UK, and are quite easy to dismantle. Fitting stainless pistons is a good idea.
      Whatever you decide to do, always, on brake, steering, tyres and suspension, do the same work on both sides of the car.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
      Hi
      Do you have single or dual line master cylinder? Do you have a servo / booster?
      If dual line then I would also take a look at the master cylinder and the routing of the brake pipes.
      Jon

Comment

Working...
      X