Ital 1.3 Gear box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ital 1.3 Gear box

Good day gents, I have a Marlin with an 82 Ital 1.3 running gear, does any one know of a 1.3 gear box for sale or can I get a 5 speed box for it.

Re: Ital 1.3 Gear box

I sold the very last of the Ford type 9 conversion kits for a Marina engine last month. There are other conversion kits for a Sprite that should fit a 5speed, but I have never tried it.
    The cheaper option by far is to refurbish/rebuild a standard 1.3 box with Triumph parts. There are some details on this forum.
    There is no difference between any of the 1.3 gearboxes except for an undated transition to a different reverse idler.
    Rimmer Bros is probably a good start but any Triumph parts dealer should be able to help.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 26-06-17, 01:22 PM.

Comment

theres a couple of boxes on fleabay
      No 1

s-l1600.jpg

or no2

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

You could strip your gearbox and replace what needs replacing, it's not difficult to rebuild. I stripped mine a few times to find the offending part, reverse selector fork. The last time I stripped and rebuilt took me about 2 hours but the first time took all day. Gasket and seal kits are available on eBay. See my rebuild diary from Cornwall which has a few posts on the gearbox issues I had.

Comment

Working...
        X