Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Centres

Hi Folks,
    I'm new to the Marlin Owners Club, though I have owned my roadster for 27 years! I've just refurbished it from top to bottom and am adding some finishing touches. It's a Triumph GT6 based front end with GT6 engine and overdrive gearbox coupled to a Marina back axle. I've fitted MGTF alloy wheels after replacing the original studs with 12mm upgrades. I'm delighted with the look but of course they have MG wheel centres. I recently bought some Marlin wheel centres to replace. Can anyone advise what glue works to fix them before I start.
    Cheers Tony Ellis

Re: Wheel Centres

I used evostik contact adhesive. Holding so far.

Comment

Thanks Jon, much appreciated. Tony

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
        I used evostik contact adhesive. Holding so far.
        Ditto
        Stumbling around in the dark
        Marina based SWB roadster
        Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Another ditto

Comment

Hi Tony I have sent you a PM click notifications at the top of the page.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I would like to see the design of your spacers, presumably concentric and not just relying on the M12 bolts for location.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
                Ditto
                Another ditto - but I bought four and forgot the spare needed one!

Comment

Yup when I got my Marlin it had non concentric spacers fitted - not only poor alignment but wheel balancing was tricky and could change when wheel taken off and refitted. Plenty about it on line as I had never heard of teh issue until my tyre place mentioned it when Ihad muy wheel balanced. Proper ones also included me fitting longer wheel studs as oringinals were clsoe to too short.

Comment

PS to all those who read my posts I have finger dyslexia on the keyboard - but eonugh of teh lettres ruffly in the write order to gt the drift

Comment

Originally posted by Alan c View Post
                      PS to all those who read my posts I have finger dyslexia on the keyboard - but eonugh of teh lettres ruffly in the write order to gt the drift
                      Just to zay dat dudes can edit der own posts. – if required.
                      Paul

Comment

to lazy

Comment

Hi Steve
                          I am thinking of ordering these rims for my Marlin http://www.johnbrownwheels.com/produ...minilight.html they are 15x5.5 with 4x95.25 ped with +15 offset but are not concentric will I be having problems with these rims?I am thinking the deep wheels nut should center things fine.
                          Thanks
                          Michael
                          Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                          I would like to see the design of your spacers, presumably concentric and not just relying on the M12 bolts for location.
                          Last edited by michael47; 21-10-17, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by michael47 View Post
                            Hi Steve
                            I am thinking of ordering these rims for my Marlin http://www.johnbrownwheels.com/produ...minilight.html they are 15x5.5 with 4x95.25 ped with +15 offset but are not concentric will I be having problems with these rims?I am thinking the deep wheels nut should center things fine.
                            Thanks
                            Michael
                            first thoughts.
                            Avoid wheels that are not concentric, the Marina studs/lugs are not strong enough.
                            The standard offset is 1/2”. With a 185 profile tyre there is adequate clearance between the tyre and the steering arm though some tyres are wider.
                            Much of the handling of a Roadster relies on tyre wall deflection the reason many people use 20psi or there about.
                            Low profile tyres may look pretty cool but they inevitably result in a harsher ride.

There must be a classic alloy wheel supplier in Vancouver, try the Triumph car community.
                            MOC member since 05/97
                            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                            X