Hello and greetings to all from a new Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and greetings to all from a new Member

First i would say "Hello" to all of the Club; my name is Stefan and iam a new Member since one week;
    because iam from Germany, my english is not so good, but i will do my best and hope its enough;
    for a long time, i searched for a car like the marlin and last year in august i get one here with german papers;
    now iam a proud owner;
    The Car was an Marina based Roadster with a 1800 CC MG Engine with 3 camshaft; 4-Speed MG Gearbox; Marina Steering and suspensions; rear axle from Triumph;
    according to the papers i have from Marlin Engineering (12/1991, 02/1992), the first owner was an Steven Broughton from Kirkby-in-Ashfield and the car was first registered in the
    Club 1993 on the Membership number 920067;
    and now he is with me
    but the years have left her signs and so i have decided to rebuild the whole car; (10 months till start);
    nearly finished and when it is complete, i will post some photos;
    and now, i have a big question to the club: read before so many times, that many cars build without roof and sidewindows and so mine
    did anybody get some plans or constructions with dimensions, how to build a roof, sidewindows, and linkage that maybe i can give to a saddlery?
    or maybe somebody have complete roof with windows and linkage, that he doesnt need?? (little joke?!);
    Thanks to all and best regards
    Stefan

Re: Hello and greetings to all from a new Member

Hi and welcome to the club.

I hope you find a roof, quite a few people have been or are searching for one. Open top motoring in Scotland is braising as I still don't have roof either . It's all good fun though.

Derek
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

I'd imagine we have drawings and templates for the frame and hood somewhere?
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Stefan, welcome to the MOC, please email me at my home, my email address is in Pitstop

As the club's archivist I have some information on the car for you, and maybe a lead to a hood

Dave Cunnington

Comment

Welcome to the club

Comment

Hi Stefan, Welcome to the club !
            My suggestion is to start off with a tonneau cover, which should be "quite" simple to make locally assuming you can get help from a local car upholsterer. Then get some side-screen or small wind deflectors.

In this way you will get some deflection from the wind when driving & be able to leave the car outside & it wont get too wet inside ! Marlins aren't so easy to drive on modern traffic with the roof up, although some will disagree !

To get a full hood you will need to start off the a hood frame , hopefully someone with your exact model can help with some dimensions.

Hope that's useful advice !

Regards .. Richard
            Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
            Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Hallo Stefan,
              Du hattest mir schon eine Nachricht geschrieben,
              aber ich hatte leider vergessen zu antworten, tut mir leid.
              Du kannst mein Dach gerne als Muster haben.
              Ich habe das eh nicht auf dem Auto.
              Müsstest es nur bei Gelegeheit abholen, entweder
              bei mir zuhause oder in Karlsruhe.

Gruß
              Patrick

Comment

A place to try for a tonneau cover might be a boat yard. They know people who make them for boats. They might make a hood.
                Good luck
                Dave

Comment

Hello Stefan,
                  I am a new member and have detail sketches of the side screens and hood metalwork, if you still require them.

Comment

Hello Stefan
                    Firstly may I say welcome.
                    Secondly your English is better than my German O

Good luck.........Steven

Comment

Working...
                    X