Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On going rebuild

Good evening all
    Well my Marlin has come a long way from my last posting, the Engine is completed the Gearbox is now back together and ready to fit.
    I have managed to get the first coat of paint on but plan to flat it down with 1200 grit and blow another coat over, I have redesigned some bit
    that was in need of attention and I have fitted a whole new bulk head and top deck.
    My wiring harness is now looking much better, the rear axel has been refitted and fully polly bushed. I have also bonded some sound deadening
    matting in the car,
    Now teaching is over at the college I work at I can dedicate myself to getting the car back on the road.
    have included some pictures for you to view.

Darth Vader
    Mike20170709_123235.jpg20170714_094849.jpg20170714_094900.jpg20170714_094910.jpg20170714_194119.jpg20170714_194130.jpg20170715_003326.jpg

Re: On going rebuild

Looking good
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

I see you are using one of those aluminium Civic radiators. Would you be able to post a photo of the mounting brackets you have used, please? I'm thinking of using one to replace my current leaky rad and it's always helpful to see what others have done rather than reinventing the wheel.

Comment

Greetings
        you can probably see from the second picture, just infront of the cross memeber the origonal builder welded two lengths of 25mm X 2mm angle iron. at the bottom of the cross member two lengths of 25mm X2mm flat iron have been welded on and drilled to suite the fixings on the bottom of the radiator.
        hope this helps, if you wish I can take pictures and send them on to you.
        darth vader
        Mike

Comment

Thanks DV, I see those now.

Comment

Very impressed Mike, should be a great car when done..

Regards .. Richard
            Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
            Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Afternoon
              Thanks, I am having a few issues with some Micky Mouse bits that have been added in the cars past but slowly working my way through.
              will post an update in a few days when a lot more should be completed.
              Darth Vader
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X