side lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side lights

Does any know where I can source the front side lights, I have one .

Re: side lights

Sidelights for?
    can you post a picture of the one you have got?

A good place to start might be http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/category/lights/
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I have one sidelight you are welcome to have.Standard Marlin Roaster type.

Comment

Hi Mike
        If you still have that light I too am looking for one.Let me know if is still available and if so the postage cost to Canada and I will tranfer you the amount .
        Thanks
        Michael
        Originally posted by MikePeel View Post
        I have one sidelight you are welcome to have.Standard Marlin Roaster type.

Comment

What about these?
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Crystal Chrome Side Repeaters Range Rover L322 Clear Vogue Supercharged at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

They are aftermarket side indicator repeaters for a Range Rover. Some members have fitted them to their Cabrio. Not sure if the Roadster is the same. You could message the seller to enquire about postage to Canada. You would require bulb holders with clear bulbs aswell.

Comment

Quite a few Marlins appear to use the rubbolite M50 which appear to be available without too much problem if you google them.

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
              What about these?
              Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Crystal Chrome Side Repeaters Range Rover L322 Clear Vogue Supercharged at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

They are aftermarket side indicator repeaters for a Range Rover. Some members have fitted them to their Cabrio. Not sure if the Roadster is the same. You could message the seller to enquire about postage to Canada. You would require bulb holders with clear bulbs aswell.
              These definitely look good on roadsters
              I too have some of the horrible rubbolites sitting in my garage somewhere if anyone wants them, plus some of the rear clusters - i may have to rummage to find them.

Comment

This is where I recently got mine from, they are the originals supplied on the Roadster.. I got the amber version and use as an indicator.. see pic ..

https://www.thexmod.com/item_detail...._Pole_50/01/00IMG_2509.JPG
                Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

I used LED bulbs in the Range Rover repeaters. Something like Led Bulb and holders

Comment

You need to be careful on later cars if you plan to go sidelights in the headlight and indicators on the wing as after April 86 the requirement distance for the marker/side light inboard of the edge of the vehicle was decreased from 510mm to 400mm.

A Mk2 roadster is only just 400mm to the very edge of the headlight.

Also drivers of modern cars coming towards you in the dark are unaware of the fact that the car is wider than the lights they can see. I discovered this when my O/S sidelight failed and it was a very close thing!!!!
                    Last edited by b_caswell; 21-10-17, 11:43 AM.
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                    X