Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatton Park Classic Car Show 2017

Tatton Park show 19th & 20th August 2017
    We have been refused our entry for this show and told there are no places left on the individual site as well. . I had asked in February for the same site as last year and am at a loss to explain the length of time that elapsed before the note.

Therefore the club will not have any stand at the show.

To all those who support Marlin stand at the show I am sorry but there is nothing I can do to alter the situation.

I may attend the show as a spectator depending on various parameters.
    Derek

Re: Tatton Park Classic Car Show 2017

Shameful that they have not provided any explanation.
    I suspect club stands will have been reduced to accommodate more car sales pitches, good business for the organisers ?
    The public may realise that they have paid to visit a field containing a lot of used car dealers
    If I had planned on going I would be boycotting it now.

Comment

I wonder if getting the best stand award the other year and we are just a kit car club had any bearing on their decision at this classic car show...just a thought...

Comment

Disgraceful.

I had planned on going but may well give it a miss now.

Comment

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the committee meeting when they had that conversation! Maybe not relevant but there are many people out there that still refuse to believe kit cars can also be classic cars.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I was going to visit but not now. There are also TVR owners who get very upset if you mention their heritage
            Last edited by HairyDave; 27-07-17, 12:10 PM. Reason: TVR addition

Comment

Working...
            X