• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/32 scale Roadster

me 2

Comment

Nice to see the finished version. Lovely job.

Comment

I want two! Then I can race!

Comment

Fantastic.............. and so quick.

it took me 10 years to build mine and you print one off and finished it in a matter of days!

Are you serious about taking orders? - looks like there might be a queue!

Mike

Comment

"I think you may have found a slot in the market for a model Marlin ".

Just loved this comment as I don't think the pun was intended.... a slot car finding a slot in the market! I'm sure the OP will now prove me wrong about the intention...
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

not only do i want one but i think i may need to purchase a massive scalextric set too - for the kids of course!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
                "I think you may have found a slot in the market for a model Marlin ".

Just loved this comment as I don't think the pun was intended.... a slot car finding a slot in the market! I'm sure the OP will now prove me wrong about the intention...
                OH yes it was
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

King Punnius strikes again LoL

Comment

A couple of months back Complete Kit Car magazine mentioned a company who would undertake 3d printing commercially. I was particularly interested in a bonnet mascot I have from a 30's Wolseley. I enquired (providing photographs) with a view to a ordering a 3d printed version of the mascot slightly modified: the mascot is basically a pair of wings meeting at the front in a W (viewed from the side) I wanted the scanned image "cut and pasted" to invert the W (Wolseley) to M (Marlin...well Marvellous, if you prefer). I'm still waiting for any kind of reply. Would your lad be interested in this? Obviously I wouldn't expect it done for free....but there may be others in our club who might be interested in a copy of the resulting mascot???

Comment

Something like this

Comment

Very good, very quick and very, very close. If I knew how to post a photo on here I'd put up pictures of the Wolseley mascot....has this image been photshopped somehow, or does the subject actually exist?

Comment

Its a copy picture from the photo gallery

as for posting pics
                          A second method has been suggested by Mike:

Open New thread, or Press "Reply to Thread" as before.

Now: Click on the Picture frame icon (has a tree set in a picture frame) arrowed in the picture.

Once open click : From Computer tab

Click : Browse.
                          These are your photos stored on your computer - the only issue to then be aware of is file size, and that they are .jpeg files.

Click : Upload File(s) - don't worry that it appears as [Attachment] in your post, when you click Send your picture will appear in your post. You can also click “Go Advance” to review the post as it will look.

Press Send (Post Quick Reply or Submit Reply): To send your post with pictures.

Comment

Just got back from holiday with the idea to do my own project on my newly purchased and built 3d printer now it is reasonably set up. As I now need to learn how to get to grips with 3d modelling software for designing my own parts and the first post I see has beaten me to my proposed project and done a better job than I would have, Well Done excellent job .
                            Would it be to much to ask if I could have a copy of the image to see if I can one off as good as that with my £150.00 kit printer. Please

Cheers

Phil

Phil

Comment

Phild, Look up he 'Instructibles' website. It has lots of 3D printer projects along with other good time wasters.

Comment

Thanks HairyDave I have already spent a lot of time on that site and thingiverse etc. Printing brackets to stiffen up the Anet a8 printer I brought and after printing raspberry pi cases and a scan of a slot car chassis, I am happy for now with the quality of the prints I am getting. Now that a very good marlin has been developed for slot use which I would like to print and run one on my slop slot track cut from mdf, I now need to think of a different project to get learning 3 modelling skills possibly Ginetta G15 or a Berkley for slot use .

Trouble at the moment is that I am spending too much looking on the PC and not enough learning to do my own stuff.

Cheers

Phil

Comment

Working...
                                X