Roadster Rear Springs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roadster Rear Springs.

[QUOTE=b_caswell;43447]The top shock mount is off set to the mounting depending on which way they are bolted up it may be possible to improve things by turning them round to make the shocks a bit more upright.

If the car is bump steering from the rear I would suspect the front spring eye bush or a broken spring.

I tow a considerable trailer(see my Avatar) with my hybrid and have never had any trouble.[/QUOTE

Its quite a marginal angular change, IMHO not enough to make a significant difference.

Comment

Re: Roadster Rear Springs.

Thanks Steve, I've had a think about why it is not so apparent to other Roadster owners. When I got the car I replaced the rear shocks with standard BL saloon units which will be a lot stiffer than the Spax that you have fitted when they are set near the softest settings. The bump steer is noticeable and although the car is quite drivable it detracts from you confidently putting it into a corner.

Anyway, the answer is a rear suspension rebuild this autumn hopefully including a Frontline RTL unit from an MG Midget and new Spax shocks.

Comment

Working...
      X