Insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance.

Just had an e mail renewal quote off Adrian Flux for the Roadster for £150. Contacted Backford Bloor who quoted £105.
    Rang Flux, who in their renewal blurb say if I shop around I may well get it cheaper and that they guarantee to beat any like for like quote, as I'm a loyal customer. They've magically found a quote for £102.
    So why try and rip me off for £150 in the first place???
    Angry of Chester.

Re: Insurance.

I share your indignation. It's the same with all forms of insurance, including RAC, AA etc. As a point of principle I try to avoid going back to them for a second quote if I can obtain a decent proposal elsewhere.

Comment

Flux tend to do this every year on renewal, but they always seem to come up with the lowest figure. It is just a pain having to go through the exercise every year.

Comment

I had the same issue with them recently, when I rang them they told me to come back if I found a better price I pointed out that when I find a better price I would take it and would not go to the extra hassle of contacting them to ask if they would match it.
        I also pointed out to them that I have another vehicle insured with them which is due for renewal in October, interested to see if use the same tactic again.

Comment

When they ask if you have had a quote from others I always reply yes but it's not for disclosure!!!!!!!!! Then follow with what are you offering.

Comment

Flux did the same to me two years back, phoned Graham Sykes who came in at about £90 - have stayed with Sykes ever since as they don't put stupid increases on at renewal.....
            Last edited by charles44; 05-09-17, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Same problem with Flux . When I asked why they don't give the best price first? I was told 'It don't work like that' I said goodbye. I have a Heritage multicar policy 1 car 2 Landrovers 2 kit cars and I am saving a fortune.

Comment

Have had the same quotes as the first post in this thread (£154 v £105).
                But when I started to look into the 'headline' rates I found the actual insurance premiums were identical; administration costs were greater with AF whilst breakdown cover (not included in the initial BB quote) were higher with BB.
                I intend to get breakdown cover for me, the person, rather than for the cars. So deleting that from AF made the difference only the admin fee.
                Contacted AF, by phone, lovely conversation resulting in reduction in fee to match BB which I have taken.
                Thus no need to trawl through all the tedious details with a new insurer and payment is automatic.
                Job done for another year.
                Brian

Learning more about:
                June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
                1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
                And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

I have never had a problem with AF. At one point I had five cars insured through them, not including Motorbikes.

If the premium went up excessively I reminded them of my custom, and it dropped back down.
                  it was entertaining though to then talk about all the other policies I had with them. Prices dropped further.
                  MOC member since 05/97
                  1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                  1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                  Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Footman James quoted my renewal at £155 today for fully comp, agreed value at £15,000, for a 2.5ltr Cabrio - it was £135 last year.

I sent them an email advising I had checked the market place and found a lower quote (I had done no such thing!).

Within 45 minutes I received a phone call advising they had magically found another 10% discount, and would £140 be OK?

It's irritating, but if you are prepared to play the game you can certainly save yourself money.

Mike

Comment

When I asked about this system, 'Why do I have to ask for a lower price?' I was told ' it's the system' I said my system is to go elsewhere goodbye

Comment

Working...
                      X