Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing rebuild

greetings all
    it been a few weeks since my last up date, well all of the panels are back on repairs have been done to chips and scratches now once she is flatted with 800 grit she will be ready for several top coats.20170822_113506.jpg20170822_113515.jpg20170827_142218.jpg20170827_142230.jpg20170827_142240.jpg
    apart from waiting for a few parts I am hoping to have the car completed and on the road by October.
    The only problem I have come accross is a previous owner has held the front grill in with a huge amount of filler so it would take ages to remove it so for now I will spray the grill, but the next rebuild in 4 years it will be removed for plating.

Darth vader
    Mike

Re: Continuing rebuild

On a side note, referring to this thread http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...3389#post43389

Your front tie rod bushes look to be a light brown colour.

Are they new ones, old stock? If so what are they?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Changed all the bushes for polly bushes.
      Darth vader
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by darth vader View Post
        Changed all the bushes for polly bushes.
        Darth vader
        Mike
        The colour suggests they are not Superflex. Which supplier did you use?
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
        X