Surely this is a over heating probem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surely this is a over heating probem

I would recommend using fresh petrol, I tried the same with petrol I had stored in cans.
    Mine would not start with this petrol started first time with fresh petrol

Comment

I dunno about 'fresh' petrol. After sitting for 3 years waiting for an engine transplant mine fired up instantly on what had been in the tank.....

Comment

This is one of those symptoms you will recognise immediately in future. I use Wellseal or BLUE Hylomar Aerograde both were developed for RR merlin engines (1940s) they are non setting so you don't have to scrape dried old gaskets and sealant off joints, especially soft aluminium casings and such, a job that I hate doing.
        Phil.

P.S. Wellseal is excellent for sealing liner seals into a block. And as far as experience using Hylomar goes I have used it for almost 50 years (not the same tube) on dozens of RR eagle engines and many other manufacturers.
        Last edited by philcoyle; 08-10-17, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I'll second Hylomar. Been using ever since I was racing bikes 50+ yrs. ago.

Comment

Keith,
            I don't want to be seen as a killjoy ,But! your pump may be compromised because it has been under extra strain trying to draw fuel through partially blocked filters and the pump internals may no longer be in prime condition.
            This may be worthwhile remembering when you reassemble and feel that things are no better. You say the car was built 18 years ago, is this also the age of the pump?
            For peace of mind I would replace the pump.
            Phil

Comment

Working...
            X