Slave cylinder replacement on a Vitesse engines hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slave cylinder replacement on a Vitesse engines hybrid

Last weekend whilst checking fluids I found the cause of a dodgy clutch, no fluid in the master cylinder. Looking at the slave I see it's wet on the rubber end so I have ordered new slave and masters (also looking decidedly dodgy) from Rimmers and repair kits. I'm going to fit the new items and refurb the old as spares.

Before I start any tips to avoid me falling into obvious traps with either of these? I know the 'don't drop the pushrod into the bell housing' problem

thanks,

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Slave cylinder replacement on a Vitesse engines hybrid

Be careful not to dislodge the release arm from its pivot as it is only held in position on the ball peg by a spring clip.

Make sure you fit the slave cylinder with the bleed nipple upper most.

Its not just the push rod, its the bolts as well that dive down the hole. stuff a rag in the hole.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben, good tips especially the "stuff a rag in the hole"
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Done....

Untitled.jpg

Has there been. change on attachment sizes?

Comment

Dont understand the question other than to say very late cars had metric unions.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

No I meant I had to resize the image to very small to get it to upload.

Comment

I think David is referring to the size of the attached photo. If so I am not aware of any change. I guess you have shrunk yours (attachment). It does look quite small.
              Paul

Comment

Working...
              X