Clear All

• Cabrio on ebay

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282648501048

Re: Cabrio on ebay

Must be the end of summer! had a look and its a Cabrio rather than a Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
      Must be the end of summer! had a look and its a Cabrio rather than a Hunter
      How do you tell the difference? As a Berlinetta owner I'm not so well versed on the Cabrio.

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
        How do you tell the difference? As a Berlinetta owner I'm not so well versed on the Cabrio.
        Quickest I/D look at the rad grille.

Hunter = Factory built car - Vertical alloy bars form the radiator grille.

Cabrio = Self built car - Usually wire mesh grille but builders preferences have led to some other designs, including similar vertical bars. Peter.

Comment

I have noticed a few cars with the vertical grille. I could see something similar on my Berli. It would probably be too easy to phone Marlin and buy one to fit my Berlinetta though, knowing my luck.

Comment

Looks well built - Short wheel base with no boot.

Comment

there's your solid boot then mike!! ; - ))

Comment

Doesn't mean it's a better build if its a Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
                  Doesn't mean it's a better build if its a Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  True however in some cases it makes them a better car as you have a car built to a known standard whereas kit cars seem to fall into very good or some I have seen downright lethal!!
                  My insurance company like my Hunter better as well because as they said its a "real car"
                  In the past I have had a Duton Phaeton and a Clan Crusader [modified NI Irish spec] Both were well built cars, but the insurance company liked the Clan better its all down to risk for them

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                    True however in some cases it makes them a better car as you have a car built to a known standard whereas kit cars seem to fall into very good or some I have seen downright lethal!!

The down right lethal is not limited to self builds - ask a few other second owners of Hunters!

Comment

Fair comment Mike, I have seen a fair few disasters over the year that were inflicted by so called professional garages, no necessarily lethal but enough to discourage me from giving them any more of my business.
                      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        The down right lethal is not limited to self builds - ask a few other second owners of Hunters!
                        Think everyone checked chassis under tub above shock absorber mountings after my unfortunate experience, still shudder when I look at the pictures I posted on the forum

Comment

As the third owner of my hunter I have given it a good coat of looking at and found some strange things! but are those from the original build or owners/garages doing shoddy work because of the age I will never know. But as I said my insurance company likes the hunter because its a factory built car with all new components, nothing secondhand or reconditioned for them its a real car

Comment

Insurance for Kits in general seems to be very low anyway compared to daily drivers so I’m sure that the difference between factory and home built can’t be that much.
                            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                              Insurance for Kits in general seems to be very low anyway compared to daily drivers so I’m sure that the difference between factory and home built can’t be that much.
                              I have a trade policy and its not the cost its what they will pay to replace or repair the car

Comment

Working...
                              X