DIY vin plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY vin plates

I made a vin plate! no, its not legal and is intended purely for show purposes only - but for those of us who fancy a more authentic looking manufacturers plate this is a good and cheap way of doing it.
    I used ink jet self adhesive clear labels (laser printers are better) then simply stuck the label on a small piece of aluminium and coat with lacquer and there we go...
    This is my first attempt and I am sure the next couple will get better with practice.
    Photo not particularly brilliant (phone), it looks much better honest!

VINbERLI2.jpg

Re: DIY vin plates

I think that it looks great , i would take two if you are thinking of going into business ?

Hasse.

Comment

Very impressive.

Comment

VIN-plates.jpg

The club shop sells a posh version
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Looks good Cameron. I was wondering why it’s not legal. When I put Millie through SVA the instructions said I had to have a vin plate stamped at a local garage. When I challenged the authorities agreed that I could stamp my own.
          Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, mine is printed but I could leave the fields blank (sorry nerd speak) and the figure could be stamped in. The club's posh one us lovely and worth every penny ...mine isn't anywhere near that quality but costs about 20p plus the ally plate ??????

Comment

Working...
            X