Computer Aided Design – 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Aided Design – 3d

There has been some discussion about CAD programs on the forums lately. Personally I have been using the same 2d CAD system since 2001. Not to mention lots of 2d and 3d Cardboard Aided Design.

I have recently purchased a 3d printer (one day everyone will have one). This has forced me to look at 3d options. The best I have found is Fusion 360. See:
    Autodesk Fusion, formerly Fusion 360, is a platform for 3D CAD, modeling, manufacturing, industrial design, electronics, and mechanical engineering. Subscribe or download for free.

It takes some getting used to but has some excellent online help and education. It supports many manufacturing options including 3d printers, laser cutters, NC machines and the like. Even I managed to draw, model then print a simple object. A complete model car is going to be beyond me for quite a while. It is free for start-ups, hobbyists, and enthusiasts (Full use of Fusion 360 for as long as you need it). Start by downloading the free 30-day trial.

The Marlin Owners web site does not currently support exchange of CAD file types. There are a number of web sites that allow modellers to exchange models. Currently members have the option of using an external web site. It would be great if any members using such a site would add a pointer to any model that might be of interest in this forum.
    Paul
Working...
X